Map Map of the central portion of Baltimore City
About this Item
- Map of the central portion of Baltimore City
- Created / Published
- [Baltimore?: s.n., 191-?]
- Subject Headings
- - Street-railroads--Maryland--Baltimore--Maps
- - Central business districts--Maryland--Baltimore--Maps
- - Johns Hopkins University--Maps
- - Johns Hopkins Hospital--Maps
- - United States--Maryland--Baltimore
- - Shows streetcar lines in black and other (new?/proposed?) lines in red overprint.
- - Includes "Car lines" legend in red, inset of Johns Hopkins University with index, and inset of Johns Hopkins Hospital with index.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy brittle, torn at fold lines, possibly removed from textual publication.
- 1 map : col. ; 52 x 28 cm., folded to 21 x 14 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3844.B2P33 191- .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Shows streetcar lines in black and other (new?/proposed?) lines in red overprint. Includes "Car lines" legend in red, inset of Johns Hopkins University with index, and inset of Johns Hopkins Hospital with index. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. LC copy brittle, torn at fold lines, possibly removed from textual publication.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Map of the central portion of Baltimore City. [Baltimore?: s.n., 191-?] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2002620191/.
APA citation style:
Map of the central portion of Baltimore City. [Baltimore?: s.n., 191-?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002620191/.
MLA citation style:
Map of the central portion of Baltimore City. [Baltimore?: s.n., 191-?] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2002620191/>.
More Maps like this
MapTrolley trips in and out of Baltimore : map of system showing places of interest and ... Panel title. Title at upper right: The United Railways and Electric Company of Baltimore Md. : total mileage of system 403 348/1000. Includes index to points of interest, city-center inset, and col....
- Contributor: United Railways and Electric Company
- Date: 1913
MapA birds-eye view of the heart of Baltimore. Perspective map not drawn to scale. "Copyright ... Spofford & Hughes, New York." LC Panoramic maps (2nd ed.), 255 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image....
- Contributor: Spofford, Edward W. - Spofford & Hughes - Munder, Norman T.A., & Co., Baltimore
- Date: 1912
MapLloyd's Baltimore elevated building map : of the five hundred million business district of Baltimore
Baltimore elevated building map Pictorial map of Baltimore city center containing 3-dimensional drawings of numerous office buildings. "Made from actual photographic views at an expense of many thousand dollars and two year's time." Northern-half map oriented...
- Contributor: Friedenwald Co. - Lloyd, James T.
- Date: 1891
MapPlan m. Wrocławia. Shows built-up areas and generalized land use. Date at head of title: 6. V 1947 r. Transfer from the Zbigniew Brzezinski papers; LC Manuscript Division; 2009. LC copy imperfect: Torn at edges,...
- Contributor: Kells, Laura J. - Library of Congress. Manuscript Division - Brzezinski, Zbigniew
- Date: 1947
MapMap showing the Metropolitan Street Railway system and lines operated in connection therewith : 232.07 miles ... Covers Manhattan Island south of 166th Street. Shows electric streetcar and horsecar lines. Oriented with north toward the upper right. Imperfect: Rubber-stamped, annotated in blue pencil "1899²/25413". Includes index of "Depots and...
- Contributor: Colton, Ohman & Co. - Metropolitan Street Railway Company
- Date: 1899