Map Topography of the federal city, 1791 : [Washington D.C.]
About this Item
- Topography of the federal city, 1791 : [Washington D.C.]
- Contributor Names
- Hawkins, Don, 1937-
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Topographic
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Ms. map with original streets, roads, buildings, Washington city boundary (old), and hydrography in col. pencil on photocopy (ozalid) base.
- - Relief shown by contours and shading.
- - Shows "Site of President's House" and "Site of Capitol." Does not show Washington D.C. street system.
- - Made available through courtesy of Don A. Hawkins, copyright owner.
- - Title and statement of attribution from typewritten adhesive label affixed to verso.
- - Also on adhesive label: Ozalid print, hand colored.
- - Mounted on plastic board.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- - Vault
- 1 map : ms., col. ; 74 x 90 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3850 1791 .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hawkins, Don. Topography of the federal city,: Washington D.C. 1791. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/91684423/.
APA citation style:
Hawkins, D. (1791) Topography of the federal city,: Washington D.C. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/91684423/.
MLA citation style:
Hawkins, Don. Topography of the federal city,: Washington D.C. 1791. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/91684423/>.
More Maps like this
Map[Topographical map of part of Washington D.C.]. Relief shown by hachures. Areas covered are unidentified. Title devised by cataloger. Incomplete tracing of LC's G3850 1861 .B6 Vault. In lower right corner: Transferred from Office of Chf. Engr., Defense of...
- Contributor: United States. Army. Corps of Engineers
- Date: 1861
Map[Map of the city of Washington : showing the sub-divisions, grades, and the general configuration of ... Cadastral map showing lot lines, lot numbers, and block numbers. Relief shown by contours and spot heights. Pen-and-ink and pencil. Title from 1872 printed ed. Sheets numbered: III, IV, etc. LC sheets...
- Contributor: Enthoffer, J. (Joseph) - Bastert, A.
- Date: 1872
MapTopographical sketch of the environs of Washington, D.C. : (survey of locality for public park & ... Covers territory of present-day Rock Creek Park and adjacent areas. Cadastral map showing householders' names. Relief shown by shading. "Made in compliance with Senate Resolution of 18th July 1866." "Approved by Committee...
- Contributor: United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Public Buildings and Grounds - Michler, N. (Nathaniel) - Michler, N.
- Date: 1867
MapTopography, District of Columbia Relief shown by contours. "Surveyed in 1913-1915." Advance sheet. Subject to correction." Oriented with north toward the upper left. LC copy sectioned and mounted on cloth backing. Available also through the Library...
- Contributor: Sutton, Frank - Geological Survey (U.S.) - U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey - Marshall, R. (Robert Bradford)
- Date: 1915
MapDistrict of Columbia Topographic map showing lot lines, buildings, and woods. Covers District of Columbia outside former Washington city limits (Florida Avenue). Relief shown by contours and hachures. Engraver's statement does not appear on some...
- Contributor: U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey - Evans & Bartle
- Date: 1892