Maps Image 1 of District of Columbia
About this Item
- District of Columbia
- Contributor Names
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey.
- Evans & Bartle.
- Created / Published
- [Washington?] : Coast and Geodetic Survey, [1892-1894]
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Topographic
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Topographic map showing lot lines, buildings, and woods.
- - Covers District of Columbia outside former Washington city limits (Florida Avenue).
- - Relief shown by contours and hachures.
- - Engraver's statement does not appear on some maps.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Sheets numbered 1 thru 90 and No. 3101 thru No. 3190 with unused numbers.
- - Accompanied by sheet index map: Index of sectional maps of the District of Columbia, city excepted, published by U.S.C. & G.S. (58 sheets). 1 sheet : neg. photocopy ; 36 x 36 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes note.
- - LC sheets laminated and mounted on cloth backing.
- - DCP
- 58 maps : col. ; 35 x 35 cm. and 35 x 34 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3850 s4 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey, and Evans & Bartle. District of Columbia. [Washington?: Coast and Geodetic Survey, to 1894, 1892] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87693313/. (Accessed December 10, 2016.)
APA citation style:
U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey & Evans & Bartle. (1892) District of Columbia. [Washington?: Coast and Geodetic Survey, to 1894] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87693313/.
MLA citation style:
U.S. Coast And Geodetic Survey, and Evans & Bartle. District of Columbia. [Washington?: Coast and Geodetic Survey, to 1894, 1892] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/87693313/>.