Map Sheet III
About this Item
- [Map of the city of Washington : showing the sub-divisions, grades, and the general configuration of the ground
- Contributor Names
- Bastert, A.
- Enthoffer, J. (Joseph), 1818-1901.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Topographic
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Cadastral map showing lot lines, lot numbers, and block numbers.
- - Relief shown by contours and spot heights.
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil.
- - Title from 1872 printed ed.
- - Sheets numbered: III, IV, etc.
- - LC sheets brittle. LC lacks sheets I and II.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 10 maps : ms., col., mounted on cloth ; 64 x 84 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3850 s3 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- Cadastral map showing lot lines, lot numbers, and block numbers. Relief shown by contours and spot heights. Pen-and-ink and pencil. Title from 1872 printed ed. Sheets numbered: III, IV, etc. LC sheets brittle. LC lacks sheets I and II. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault DCP
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bastert, A, and J Enthoffer. Map of the city of Washington: showing the sub-divisions, grades, and the general configuration of the ground. [?, 1872] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/87693300/.
APA citation style:
Bastert, A. & Enthoffer, J. (1872) Map of the city of Washington: showing the sub-divisions, grades, and the general configuration of the ground. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87693300/.
MLA citation style:
Bastert, A, and J Enthoffer. Map of the city of Washington: showing the sub-divisions, grades, and the general configuration of the ground. [?, 1872] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/87693300/>.
More Maps like this
Map of Georgetown, 1796 Partial cadastral map showing some landowners' names. India ink. Torn, mounted on cloth backing, and with red-star seals affixed near examiners' names. Includes inset, examination and registration statements, and clerk's and examiners'...
- Contributor: Bastert, A.
- Date: 1796
[Cadastral topographical map of part of N.W. Washington D.C.]. Covers area bounded by Florida Av., 13th St., B St. N.W., Potomac River, and Rock Creek. Shows major buildings, horse-car lines, park plantings, block and lot numbers, fire-alarm boxes, and hydrants. Relief...
- Contributor: Petersen, A. - Enthoffer, J. (Joseph) - Bastert, A.
- Date: 1872
Map of the city of Washington showing the progress of buildings up to October 1st 1873 15632D U.S. Copyright Office Also shows block numbers. "Equidistances 10 ft." "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1873 by J. Enthoffer in the Office of the Librarian of Congress...
- Contributor: Enthoffer, J. - Enthoffer, J. (Joseph)
- Date: 1873
Topographical sketch of the environs of Washington, D.C. : (survey of locality for public park & ... Covers territory of present-day Rock Creek Park and adjacent areas. Cadastral map showing householders' names. Relief shown by shading. "Made in compliance with Senate Resolution of 18th July 1866." "Approved by Committee...
- Contributor: United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Public Buildings and Grounds - Michler, N. (Nathaniel) - Michler, N.
- Date: 1867
[Cadastral map of part of the West End, Washington D.C.]. Cadastral map showing unidentified tinted lots, lot numbers, and block numbers. Shows cadastral information for area bounded by Rock Creek, P, 22nd, and K streets N.W. Shows block outlines for area bounded...
- Date: 1800