Map Aerial photographic mosaic map of Washington, D.C.
About this Item
- Aerial photographic mosaic map of Washington, D.C.
- Contributor Names
- United States. Army. Air Service. 3rd Photo Section.
- Created / Published
- Bolling Field, Wash[ington] : Aerial Photo Section No. 3, U.S. Army Air Service, 
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Remote-sensing images
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - "Date--Sept. 13, 1922."
- - Alternate title at bottom: District of Columbia.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Includes flight information area.
- - LC copy annotated in ink, brittle, taped at edges, sectioned, and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- 1 map : photocopy ; 92 x 128 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3851.A43 1922 .U51
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army. Air Service. 3Rd Photo Section. Aerial photographic mosaic map of Washington, D.C. [Bolling Field, Washington: Aerial Photo Section No. 3, U.S. Army Air Service, 1922] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/87693346/.
APA citation style:
United States Army. Air Service. 3Rd Photo Section. (1922) Aerial photographic mosaic map of Washington, D.C. [Bolling Field, Washington: Aerial Photo Section No. 3, U.S. Army Air Service] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87693346/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army. Air Service. 3Rd Photo Section. Aerial photographic mosaic map of Washington, D.C. [Bolling Field, Washington: Aerial Photo Section No. 3, U.S. Army Air Service, 1922] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/87693346/>.
More Maps like this
MapMosaic composed of aerial photographs, Washington D.C. Photomap of central area. "Mosaic made expressly for use in Port Series no. 16." Oriented with north toward the upper left. LC copy annotated in ink: From Port Series no. 16--1926. LC...
- Contributor: United States. Army. Air Service. 3rd Photo Section - United States. Board of Engineers for Rivers and Harbors
- Date: 1922
MapAerial photographic mosaic, Washington, D.C. Photomap. Covers central area. LC copy annotated in pencil and ink. LC copy rubber-stamped on verso: Copy from the National Archives, record group no. 18. Available also through the Library of Congress...
- Contributor: United States. Army. School of Aerial Photographic Reconnaissance
- Date: 1918
MapMap of the city of Washington showing present main sewerage and sewage outfalls : also the ... Relief shown by contours. Depths shown by soundings. Partial cadastral map showing built-up areas. At upper right: Plate 1. Report of Board of Sanitary Engineers, Rudolph Hering, Samuel M. Gray, F.P. Stearns....
- Contributor: District of Columbia. Board of Sanitary Engineers
- Date: 1894
MapNation's capital area. [Washington D.C. and Cheaspeake Bay regions] Scale 1:250,000. Photo mosaic. Does not show relief. "National Aeronautics and Space Administration image." "NASA (ERTS-1)." "This 'false-color' composite imagery of the National Capital area was produced by the Department of the...
- Contributor: Geological Survey (U.S.) - United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Date: 1973
Map[Landsat satellite image of the Middle Atlantic States, eastern part]. False-color 1977 satellite image. Covers area bounded by New York City, Walker Lake (Pa.), Keysville (Va.), and Hampton Roads. Title devised by cataloger. Prototype for ICA/NGS poster map. Available also through the...
- Contributor: International Cartographic Association - National Geographic Society (U.S.)
- Date: 1977