Map Bird's-eye-view of Washington City, D.C.
About this Item
- Bird's-eye-view of Washington City, D.C.
- Contributor Names
- Morrison, George A.
- W.H. & O.H. Morrison (Firm)
- Created / Published
- [n.p.] W.H. & O.H. Morrison, c1872.
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Aerial views
- - United States Capitol (Washington, D.C.)--Aerial views
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Perspective map not drawn to scale.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth backing.
- - LC Panoramic maps (2nd ed.), 107
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Indexed for points of interest.
- - DCP
- - AACR2
- map 37 x 57 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3851.A3 1872 .M6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Morrison, George A, and W.H. & O.H. Morrison. Bird's-eye-view of Washington City, D.C. [n.p. W.H. & O.H. Morrison, 1872] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/75693174/.
APA citation style:
Morrison, G. A. & W.H. & O.H. Morrison. (1872) Bird's-eye-view of Washington City, D.C. [n.p. W.H. & O.H. Morrison] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/75693174/.
MLA citation style:
Morrison, George A, and W.H. & O.H. Morrison. Bird's-eye-view of Washington City, D.C. [n.p. W.H. & O.H. Morrison, 1872] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/75693174/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of the city of Washington. Shows block numbers, wards, railroads, and radial distances from Capitol. LC Ward maps, 226 LC copies fold-lined, missing edge sections, and mounted on cloth backing. Copy 2 also annotated in ink and...
- Contributor: W.H. & O.H. Morrison (Firm)
- Date: 1868
MapMap of the cities of Washington and Georgetown D.C. Shows occurrence of diseases in color, wards, block numbers, and radial distances from Capitol. Includes text, notes, and table of "Width of streets." LC copy darkened, lacking sections in margins, and mounted...
- Contributor: W.H. & O.H. Morrison (Firm)
- Date: 1876
MapView of Washington City. Low-angle bird's-eye view of central Washington toward the west and northwest with The Capitol in foreground. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1871 by E. Sachse & Co. Balto....
- Contributor: E. Sachse & Co.
- Date: 1871
MapWashington, the beautiful capital of the nation Perspective map not drawn to scale. Bird's-eye view. Oriented with north toward the upper right. LC Panoramic maps (2nd ed.), 111.2 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a...
- Contributor: A. Graham Co. - Andrew Graham Co. - Olsen, William
- Date: 1921
MapThe national capital, Washington, D.C. Sketched from nature by Adolph Sachse, 1883-1884. Perspective map not drawn to scale. Bird's-eye view. LC Panoramic maps (2nd ed.), 110 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes illus., text, and advertisements....
- Contributor: Sachse, Adolph - A. Sachse & Co.
- Date: 1884