Map Libraries, Washington D.C.
About this Item
- Libraries, Washington D.C.
- Contributor Names
- Library of Congress. Map Division.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Libraries--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Libraries--Washington (D.C.)--Statistics
- - Manuscript maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Ms. (india ink and typescript) on photocopy base map.
- - Shows no. of vols. per library.
- - Assemblage of several sheets mounted together on cloth backing.
- - Internal portions excised from base map.
- - Indexed.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - DCP
- 1 map : ms., mounted on cloth ; 37 x 41 cm., on sheet 40 x 56 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3851.E67 1926 .L5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Ms. (india ink and typescript) on photocopy base map. Shows no. of vols. per library. Assemblage of several sheets mounted together on cloth backing. Internal portions excised from base map. Indexed. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault DCP
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress. Map Division. Libraries, Washington D.C.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/87694100/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress. Map Division. (1926) Libraries, Washington D.C. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/87694100/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress. Map Division. Libraries, Washington D.C.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/87694100/>.
More Maps like this
Map[Map of the Potomac River estuary from the Three Sisters to Giesboro Point D.C.]. Shows proposed new riverbanks. Also covers adjacent areas of city of Washington. Relief shown by contours in some areas. Depths shown by bottom profile lines. Black and red ink, blue watercolor, and...
- Contributor: Rives, Alfred Landon
- Date: 1857
MapMap of the city of Washington : for use of the Engineer Department, District of Columbia. Pen-and-ink and pencil. Printed directories of street name changes affixed to recto. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault DCP
- Contributor: District of Columbia. Engineer Department
- Date: 1904
MapMap collections in the District of Columbia Partial ms. (ink, pencil, and typescript) on col. base map. "Red seals show where to go in January 1930 for 2,500,000 of the maps in the District of Columbia." Assemblage of several...
- Contributor: United States. Board of Surveys and Maps of the Federal Government. Committee on Information - Martin, Lawrence
- Date: 1930
MapMap of the District of Columbia. Shows all streets in county area. Shows main streets and numbered wards within city limits. India ink and purple wash on tracing linen. Probably drawn by Dr. Joseph M. Toner. From the...
- Contributor: Toner, Joseph M. (Joseph Meredith)
- Date: 1880
MapCopy from actual survey of the 3 Sisters : [Potomac River, Washington D.C.] Cadastral map. Pen-and-ink. Watermark: Crown Imperial linen (with coat-of-arms). Soiled and missing small sections along edges. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Phillips. Washington 777...
- Contributor: Brewer, H. W. (Henry W.)
- Date: 1893