Maps Key Map
About this Item
- Maps, Wood's "Civil War in the United States".
- Contributor Names
- Wood, W. Birkbeck (Walter Birkbeck), 1866-
- Edmonds, J. E. (James Edward), Sir, 1861-1956.
- Methuen & Co.
- Created / Published
- [London] : Methuen & Co., 
- Map 2. West Virginia : [CW 693.5] -- Map 6. Kentucky and Tennessee : [CW 216.9] -- Map 7. Southern Virginia : [CW 520a.6] -- Map 8. Richmond & Petersburg : [CW 649] -- Map 9. Missouri : [CW 296.7] -- Map 10. Lower Mississippi : [CW 102.4] -- Map 11. Vicksburg : [CW 293] -- Map 12. Georgia and the Carolinas : [CW 102.2] -- Map 13. Atlanta : [CW 145].
- Subject Headings
- - Southern States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Southern States
- - Relief shown by hachures on some sheets.
- - Title from cover.
- - Maps prepared to accompany book entitled "A history of the Civil War in the United States, 1861-5" by W.B. Woods and J.E. Edmonds.
- - Map of "Richmond & Petersburg" oriented with north to the left.
- - Accompanied by col. map: Key to section maps.  sheet ; 21 x 30 cm.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 102.2, 102.4, 145, 216.9, 293, 296.7, 520a.6, 649, 693.5.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 9 maps on 9 sheets ; 20 x 36 cm. or smaller, sheets 21 x 39 cm. or smaller, folded in cover 23 x 13 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3861.S5 svar .W6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Wood, W. Birkbeck, J. E Edmonds, and Methuen & Co. Maps, Wood's "Civil War in the United States". [London: Methuen & Co, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006628203/. (Accessed January 22, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Wood, W. B., Edmonds, J. E. & Methuen & Co. (1861) Maps, Wood's "Civil War in the United States". [London: Methuen & Co] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006628203/.
MLA citation style:
Wood, W. Birkbeck, J. E Edmonds, and Methuen & Co. Maps, Wood's "Civil War in the United States". [London: Methuen & Co, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2006628203/>.