Maps Sketch H. showing the progress of the survey in section no. VIII, from 1846 to 1862.
About this Item
- Sketch H. showing the progress of the survey in section no. VIII, from 1846 to 1862.
- Contributor Names
- United States Coast Survey.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, U.S. Coast Survey] 1862.
- Subject Headings
- - Coasts--Gulf States--Maps
- - Gulf Coast (U.S.)--Maps
- - United States--Gulf Coast
- - Scale 1:600,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 35.5
- - From its Report of the Superindent of the Coast Survey, showing the progress of the survey during the year 1862. (Washington, Government Printing Office, 1864). Map 35.
- - At head of title: U.S. Coast Survey. A. D. Bache, Superindent.
- - "No. 35" in the upper left corner.
- - Map shows the extent of the triangulation network from Mobile Bay by the Mississippi River delta.
- - Insets: Plan of Fort Jackson, showing the effect of the bombardment by the U. S. mortar flotilla and gunboats, April 18th to 24th 1862. 27 x 41 cm.--Reconnoissance [sic] of the Mississippi River below Forts Jackson and St. Philip made previous to the reduction by the U. S. Fleet under the command of flag officer D. G. Farragut, U.S.N. 23 x 42 cm.
- - (For other copies of these maps see entry nos. 236-237)
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 50 x 85 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3862.C6 1862 .U52
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Coast Survey. Sketch H. showing the progress of the survey in section no. VIII, from 1846 to 1862. [Washington, U.S. Coast Survey, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447016/. (Accessed January 24, 2017.)
APA citation style:
United States Coast Survey. (1862) Sketch H. showing the progress of the survey in section no. VIII, from 1846 to 1862. [Washington, U.S. Coast Survey] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447016/.
MLA citation style:
United States Coast Survey. Sketch H. showing the progress of the survey in section no. VIII, from 1846 to 1862. [Washington, U.S. Coast Survey, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99447016/>.