Maps Map illustrating General Grant's campaign in Virginia.
About this Item
- Map illustrating General Grant's campaign in Virginia.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.], 1864.
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - Scale ca. 1:900,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 492.5
- - From Harper's weekly, v. 8, July 9, 1864. p. 438.
- - This map was acquired by the Library of Congress in 1948 with the purchase of the papers and maps of Maj. Jedediah Hotchkiss.
- - Map of central Virginia showing place names, roads, railroads, and rivers. Troop positions are not depicted.
- - Map illustrations on verso: Late Brigadier- General Hays -- Brigadier-General F.C. Barlow -- General Grant's campaign, a view on the Pamunkey -- General Grant's campaign, landing of cattle for the use of the army.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 24 x 24 cm., on sheet 41 x 28 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3880 1864 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Map illustrating General Grant's campaign in Virginia. [S.l, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448873/. (Accessed December 07, 2016.)
APA citation style:
(1864) Map illustrating General Grant's campaign in Virginia. [S.l] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448873/.
MLA citation style:
Map illustrating General Grant's campaign in Virginia. [S.l, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99448873/>.