Map Profile, Royal Land Co. R.R.
About this Item
- Profile, Royal Land Co. R.R.
- Other Title
- Profile, Royal Land Company Railroad
- Contributor Names
- Braxton, Carter M.
- Royal Land Company.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Royal Land Company--Maps
- - Railroads--Virginia--Maps
- - Mines and mineral resources--Virginia--Maps
- - Geological cross sections--Virginia
- - Virginia--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia
- - Shows mineral deposits from Matthias' Point to Briery Branch Gap, Virginia.
- - Pen-and-ink, pencil (some col.), and crayon on 2 sheets pasted together, mounted on cloth.
- - "Scale 50 horizontal to 2 vertical."
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H268
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - In pencil in upper right corner: No. 2.
- - In pencil on verso: 330 crossed out.
- 1 ms. section : col. ; 14 x 83 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3881.P3 188- .B7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Braxton, Carter M, and Royal Land Company. Profile, Royal Land Co. R.R. [188-?] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625171/.
APA citation style:
Braxton, C. M. & Royal Land Company. Profile, Royal Land Co. R.R. [188-?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625171/.
MLA citation style:
Braxton, Carter M, and Royal Land Company. Profile, Royal Land Co. R.R. [188-?] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2005625171/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of Royal Land Company's railroad (narrow gauge) from their anthracite coal fields to deep water Shows central Virginia from the Allegheny Mountains to the Chesapeake Bay. Relief shown by form lines. Pencil (some col.) on tracing paper, mounted on cloth. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) H267...
- Contributor: Braxton, Carter M. - Royal Land Company
- Date: 187?
MapSection from Little North Mountain to Big North Mountain crossing S.W. of Ferrol Furnace Shows area north of Ramsey Bank to Elliots Knob in Augusta County, Virginia. Pen-and-ink and pencil, mounted on cloth. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H224 Available also through the Library of...
- Contributor: Campbell, J. L. - Egleston, Thomas - Hotchkiss, Jedediah - Campbell, J. L. (John Lyle)
- Date: 1879
Map[Map of Royal Land Company of Virginia lands in Rockingham, and Augusta counties Virginia, and Pendleton ... Title, date, and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. Pen-and-ink, watercolor, and pencil over pencil grid on 3 sheets pasted together sectioned in 2, and mounted on cloth. LC Civil War...
- Contributor: Oltmanns, C. W. - Royal Land Company
- Date: 1877
MapGeological section of Great and Little No. Mountains near Ferrol, Va.
Geological section of Great and Little North Mountains near Ferrol, Virginia Shows area located in Augusta County, Virginia. Date and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. Pencil over pencil grid (some) on a sheet of lined paper, mounted on cloth. In ink...
- Contributor: Campbell, J. L. - Campbell, J. L. (John Lyle)
- Date: 188?
Map[Map of mineral lands in Culpepper County, Virginia, on the Rapidan River]. Relief shown by hachures. Title from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. Pen-and-ink, pencil (some col.), and watercolor, mounted on cloth. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H236 Available also through the Library...
- Date: 188?