Maps Military map of south-eastern Virginia,
About this Item
- Military map of south-eastern Virginia,
- Contributor Names
- Lindenkohl, A.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.], H. Lindenkohl & Chas. G. Krebs, lith., 
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Richmond Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Petersburg Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--Virginia--Richmond Region
- - United States--Virginia--Petersburg Region
- - [Scale 1:200,000].
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 491
- - Differs from G3881.S5 1864 .L52 with more detail southwest of the city of Petersburg.
- - Another issue.
- - Indicates 5-mile concentric circles centered on Richmond, roads, bridges, railroads, towns, houses, drainage, vegetation, and some fortifications in the Richmond-Petersburg area.
- - Map title on this and the following two issues appears outside of the top border.
- - Fortifications and vegetation in the Richmond-Petersburg area are more extensive here than on the preceding issue.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Another copy is in the Fillmore map coll. no. 256.
- - Another copy is in the James A. Garfield papers, Manuscript Division, L.C., series 8, container no. 1.
- 1 map, col., 47 x 82 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3881.S5 1864 .L53
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Petersburg Region (Va.)
Richmond Region (Va.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lindenkohl, A. Military map of south-eastern Virginia. [S.l., H. Lindenkohl & Chas. G. Krebs, lith, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006627690/. (Accessed December 10, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Lindenkohl, A. (1864) Military map of south-eastern Virginia. [S.l., H. Lindenkohl & Chas. G. Krebs, lith] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006627690/.
MLA citation style:
Lindenkohl, A. Military map of south-eastern Virginia. [S.l., H. Lindenkohl & Chas. G. Krebs, lith, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2006627690/>.