Maps Battle fields of Fisher's Hill [22 Sept. 1864] and Cedar Creek [19 Oct. 1864], Virginia
About this Item
- Battle fields of Fisher's Hill [22 Sept. 1864] and Cedar Creek [19 Oct. 1864], Virginia
- Contributor Names
- Gillespie, G. L.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.], 1873.
- Subject Headings
- - Fisher's Hill, Battle of, Va., 1864--Maps
- - Cedar Creek, Battle of, Va., 1864--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Fisher's Hill
- - United States--Virginia--Cedar Creek
- - Fisher's Hill, Battle of, Va
- - Cedar Creek, Battle of, Va
- - Scale 1:12,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 537
- - Detailed map indicating earth and wood entrenchments, troop positions and movements, names of commanders and some unit numbers, roads, "Manassas Gap Railroad," houses, names of inhabitants, fences, vegetation, drainage, fords, street pattern of Middletown and Strasburg, and relief by contour lines, hachures, and spot elevations. Union and Confederate troop positions are hand-colored blue and red respectively.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map on 4 sheets, col., each 61 x 69 cm. Overall size 122 x 138 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3882.F46S5 1873 .G5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsGillespie, G. L.
Cedar Creek, Battle Of, Va
Cedar Creek, Battle Of, Va.
Fisher's Hill, Battle Of, Va
Fisher's Hill, Battle Of, Va.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gillespie, G. L. [Battle fields of Fisher's Hill 22 Sept. 1864 and Cedar Creek 19 Oct. 1864, Virginia]. [S.l, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99439175/. (Accessed January 22, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Gillespie, G. L. (1864) [Battle fields of Fisher's Hill 22 Sept. 1864 and Cedar Creek 19 Oct. 1864, Virginia]. [S.l] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99439175/.
MLA citation style:
Gillespie, G. L. [Battle fields of Fisher's Hill 22 Sept. 1864 and Cedar Creek 19 Oct. 1864, Virginia]. [S.l, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99439175/>.