Map A plan of my farm on Little Huntg. Creek & Potomk. R.
About this Item
- A plan of my farm on Little Huntg. Creek & Potomk. R.
- Contributor Names
- Washington, George, 1732-1799.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Virginia--Mount Vernon (Estate)
- - Scale not given.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Mounted on linen covered cardboard.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1447
- - Accompanied by 2 manuscript notes.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 46 x 44 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3882.M7 1766 .W3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- "Change over Time" – More than a Content Standard at the Summer Teacher Institute
- Modest Monuments: The District of Columbia Boundary Stones
- Online Exhibition - Maps In Our Lives
- List of Early Maps and Surveys | George Washington: Surveyor and Mapmaker | Articles and Essays | George Washington Papers | Digital Collections
- Geography and Its Impact on Colonial Life
- Washington, Jefferson, and Lincoln: Three Great Presidents
- Washington as Land Speculator | George Washington: Surveyor and Mapmaker | Articles and Essays | George Washington Papers | Digital Collections
- Reason Gallery B - American Treasures of the Library of Congress
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Washington, George. A plan of my farm on Little Huntg. Creek & Potomk. R. 1766. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/74693204/.
APA citation style:
Washington, G. (1766) A plan of my farm on Little Huntg. Creek & Potomk. R. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/74693204/.
MLA citation style:
Washington, George. A plan of my farm on Little Huntg. Creek & Potomk. R. 1766. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/74693204/>.
More Maps like this
MapA plan of Mr. Clifton's neck land platted by a scale of 50 poles to the ...
Plan of Mr. Clifton's neck land platted by a scale of 50 poles to the inch. Old plat of the grounds in the NE part of the pasture of Mount Vernon from the summit of the hills on which the log'd cabbins are Title of the pasture map from photocopy of lower right quadrant. Sheet stained in several places, folded into sixteenths and separated along some fold lines. Lower right quadrant missing. Pen-and-ink. Available also...
- Contributor: Washington, George
- Date: 1760
MapA map of General Washington's farm of Mount Vernon from a drawing transmitted by the General. Removed from: Letters from His Excellency George Washington, to Arthur Young, [etc.]. London, 1801. Opp. p. (E312.75.A27 Rare Book Rm.) Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster...
- Contributor: Washington, George
- Date: 1801
MapMap of George Washington's land at Mount Vernon, Fairfax Coy., Virginia, as it was & as ... Insets: drawings of mansion house and of Washington's tomb ; "Plan of the grounds around Mt. Vernon Mansion with the names of the buildings as used in G. Washington's time." Available also...
- Contributor: Washington, George - Gillingham, W.
- Date: 1859
MapMap of Mount Vernon, Virginia and vicinity : shewing [sic] Union picket lines, March 186. Includes main roads, farms, churches, forts, and Union lines in Fairfax County, Va., especially around the estate of Mount Vernon.
- Contributor: Sneden, Robert Knox
- Date: 1861
MapMap of the county of Frederick, 1769. Scale ca. 1:900,000. Title from manuscript annotations, ascribed to George Washington, on verso. Manuscript; pen-and-ink and watercolor. Relief shown pictorially. Oriented with north toward the upper right. LC Maps of North America,...
- Contributor: Moffet, J. - Washington, George
- Date: 1769