Maps Lee's map of the Valley of Virginia.
About this Item
- Lee's map of the Valley of Virginia.
- Contributor Names
- Lee, A. Y.
- Created / Published
- Luray : Valley Land and Improvement Co., c1890.
- Subject Headings
- - Shenandoah River Valley (Va. and W. Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Shenandoah River Valley
- - United States--West Virginia--Shenandoah River Valley
- - Scale not given.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 655
- - Insets: [Minerals and rock deposits in the vicinity of Luray, Virginia] 13 x 11 cm.-[View of] Luray Inn. 13 x 21 cm.
- - Map of the Shenandoah Valley, showing roads railroads, towns, relief by hachures, and the location of 30 Civil War battlefields.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, col., 16 x 42 cm. on sheet 35 x 49 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3882.S52S5 1890 L4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsLee, A. Y.
LocationShenandoah River Valley
Shenandoah River Valley
Shenandoah River Valley
Shenandoah River Valley (Va. And W. Va.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lee, A. Y. Lee's map of the Valley of Virginia. Luray: Valley Land and Improvement Co, 1890. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448347/. (Accessed February 21, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Lee, A. Y. (1890) Lee's map of the Valley of Virginia. Luray: Valley Land and Improvement Co. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99448347/.
MLA citation style:
Lee, A. Y. Lee's map of the Valley of Virginia. Luray: Valley Land and Improvement Co, 1890. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99448347/>.