Maps Military map of south-eastern Virginia
About this Item
- Military map of south-eastern Virginia
- Contributor Names
- United States Coast Survey.
- Lindenkohl, A.
- Lindenkohl, H. (Henry)
- Krebs, Charles G.
- Thompson, Gilbert, 1839-1909.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.?] : U.S. Coast Survey Office, [1865?]
- Subject Headings
- - Tidewater (Va. : Region)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Richmond Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Military maps
- - United States--Virginia--Tidewater (Region)
- - United States--Virginia--Richmond Region
- - United States--Virginia
- - Depths shown by contours and soundings.
- - Shows fortifications, settlements, roads, railroads, streams, and vegetation in some areas.
- - Also covers Richmond city region.
- - Annotated in purple ink at lower right: Camps and routes of march of the U.S. Engineer Battln. during the Peninsula Campaign--1862. [Signed] Gilbert Thompson, U.S. Eng'r Battln.--1862.
- - Also annotated in purple ink to show the lines of march in 1864 and ship routes of Aug. 1862, and in green ink to show the march routes of 1865.
- - Originally printed on 2 sheets.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 475
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Imperfect: Horizontally fold-lined, torn at fold line, missing section at upper right corner of margin, mounted on cloth backing, hemmed at edges.
- - Includes list of source-material authorities.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 475
- 1 map ; 82 x 72 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3882.T5S5 1865 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsKrebs, Charles G.
Lindenkohl, H. (Henry)
United States Coast Survey
Richmond Region (Va.)
Tidewater (Va. : Region)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Coast Survey, A Lindenkohl, H Lindenkohl, Charles G Krebs, and Gilbert Thompson. Military map of south-eastern Virginia. [Washington, D.C.?: U.S. Coast Survey Office, ?, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630419/. (Accessed December 09, 2016.)
APA citation style:
United States Coast Survey, Lindenkohl, A., Lindenkohl, H., Krebs, C. G. & Thompson, G. (1862) Military map of south-eastern Virginia. [Washington, D.C.?: U.S. Coast Survey Office, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630419/.
MLA citation style:
United States Coast Survey, et al. Military map of south-eastern Virginia. [Washington, D.C.?: U.S. Coast Survey Office, ?, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630419/>.