Maps Memoranda, April 9, 1865, 10 o'clock A.M., Clover Hill (Appomattox Court House) Virginia.
About this Item
- Memoranda, April 9, 1865, 10 o'clock A.M., Clover Hill (Appomattox Court House) Virginia.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Appomattox (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia--Appomattox
- - Shows Appomattox Court House and vicinity at the time of Lee's surrender, including troop positions.
- - Pen-and-ink on paper, mounted on cloth.
- - This map was received in the library in an envelope marked in ink, "Map of Lee's surrender. Found in one of the back closets of one of the old Scrimshaw Pavement Co's desks, 16 Court St. Fged."
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 525
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map ; ms. : 25 x 20 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.A6S5 1865 .M4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Memoranda, April 9, 1865, 10 o'clock A.M., Clover Hill Appomattox Court House Virginia.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99446513/. (Accessed December 08, 2016.)
APA citation style:
(1865) Memoranda, April 9, 1865, 10 o'clock A.M., Clover Hill Appomattox Court House Virginia. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99446513/.
MLA citation style:
Memoranda, April 9, 1865, 10 o'clock A.M., Clover Hill Appomattox Court House Virginia.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99446513/>.