Maps Plan of the battle-field at Bull Run, July 21st 1861.
About this Item
- Plan of the battle-field at Bull Run, July 21st 1861.
- Other Title
- Plan of the battlefield at Bull Run, July 21st 1861
- Contributor Names
- Whipple, Amiel Weeks, 1817?-1863.
- Subject Headings
- - Bull Run, 1st Battle of, Va., 1861--Maps, Manuscript
- - Manassas Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - Landowners--Virginia--Manassas Region--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Manassas
- - Shows encampments, troop positions and troop movements and including names of commanders and some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Route taken by Capt. Whipple to bring up Howard's Brigade."
- - Pen-and-ink, red ink, and pencil on penciled grid on tracing linen.
- - Cartographer's name from dealer information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Imperfect: Brown discoloration along edges and fold lines (especially in center area), date taped below title, and rubber-stamped.
- - CW3
- - Acquisitions control no. 2009-027
- 1 ms. map : col., cloth ; 50 x 62 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.M25S5 1861 .W5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsWhipple, Amiel Weeks
SubjectsBull Run, 1st Battle Of, Va.
Manassas Region (Va.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Whipple, Amiel Weeks, 1817?-1863. Plan of the battle-field at Bull Run, July 21st 1861. 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009655025/. (Accessed January 24, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Whipple, A. W. (1861) Plan of the battle-field at Bull Run, July 21st 1861. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2009655025/.
MLA citation style:
Whipple, Amiel Weeks, 1817?-1863. Plan of the battle-field at Bull Run, July 21st 1861. 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2009655025/>.