Map Railroad map of South Carolina by Jed. Hotchkiss, T.E., Stanton, Va.
About this Item
- Railroad map of South Carolina by Jed. Hotchkiss, T.E., Stanton, Va.
- Pen-and-ink sketch showing drainage, counties, cities and towns, and the railroads with names along the lines.
- Contributor Names
- Hotchkiss, Jedediah, 1828-1899.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--South Carolina--Maps
- - South Carolina--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--South Carolina
- - Scale ca. 1:1,250,000.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H264
- - LC Railroad maps, 300
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- map 31 x 38 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3911.P3 1880 .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hotchkiss, Jedediah. Railroad map of South Carolina by Jed. Hotchkiss, T.E., Stanton, Va. 1880. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98688557/.
APA citation style:
Hotchkiss, J. (1880) Railroad map of South Carolina by Jed. Hotchkiss, T.E., Stanton, Va. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688557/.
MLA citation style:
Hotchkiss, Jedediah. Railroad map of South Carolina by Jed. Hotchkiss, T.E., Stanton, Va. 1880. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98688557/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap showing the preliminary line of the East River Railroad, May, 1881. Map of part of Virginia showing relief by form lines, drainage, mills, property owners names, towns, roads, and the railroad line, with distances in red.
- Contributor: Hotchkiss, Jedediah - East River Rail Road Company
- Date: 1881
MapRoute of the New River R.R., 188-. Sketch map of part of West Virginia. Dashed red line across the map indicates the "Proposed New River R.R." Shows counties and names the line of railroads.
- Contributor: Hotchkiss, Jedediah - New River Railroad Company
- Date: 188?
MapPotomac, Fredericksburg, & Piedmont R.R. from Fredg., to O.C.H. 38 miles, by C. M. Braxton, Sketch map of part of Virginia from Fredericksburg to Orange Court House. Shows relief by form lines, drainage, cities and towns, and the line of survey in red. Chartered as the Fredericksburg...
- Contributor: Potomac, Fredericksburg, and Piedmont Railroad - Hotchkiss, Jedediah
- Date: 1876
Map[Maps of Virginia] Shows general maps of northwestern Virginia and the names of some residents. Relief shown by hachures. Pencil (some col.) on ledger paper. Printed distances on the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad and on...
- Contributor: Hotchkiss, Jedediah
- Date: 1862
MapMap used by Jed. Hotchkiss, Top. Eng., 2d Corps, A.N. Va., in campaign of 1864 : ... Shows Richmond and surrounding areas and names of some residents. Also shows radial distances from Richmond. Pen-and-ink and pencil (some col.) on irregularly shaped sheet of tracing linen, mounted on cloth. LC...
- Contributor: Hotchkiss, Jedediah
- Date: 1864