Map Charles-Town, capitale de la Caroline.
About this Item
- Charles-Town, capitale de la Caroline.
- Created / Published
- [n.p., 1780]
- Subject Headings
- - Charleston (S.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--South Carolina--Charleston
- - Scale ca. 1:12,500.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1540
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 440; 651/1
- map 17 x 12 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3914.C3 1780 .C5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale ca. 1:12,500. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1540 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2: 440; 651/1
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Rochambeau Map Collection (71)
- France in America (462)
- American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789 (1,432)
- Military Battles and Campaigns (4,479)
- Geography and Map Division (19,361)
- American Memory (501,951)
- Library of Congress Online Catalog (1,101,984)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Charles-Town, capitale de la Caroline. [N.P, 1780] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002162/.
APA citation style:
(1780) Charles-Town, capitale de la Caroline. [N.P] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002162/.
MLA citation style:
Charles-Town, capitale de la Caroline. [N.P, 1780] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71002162/>.
More Maps like this
MapPlan de la ville de Charlestown, de ses retranchements et du siege faits par les Anglois ... Scale ca. 1:10,320. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Includes text. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1560 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2: 440;...
- Date: 1780
Map[Plan d'Amboy. Vues de la rade de Charles-Town et de Fort Sulivan, mai 1780. Scale ca. 1:25,600. Title from Philip Lee Phillips' List of maps of America. Has watermark. Relief shown by hachures. The view of Charleston Harbor concerns the assault on Fort Sulivan during the...
- Date: 1780
MapPlan de la barre et du havre de Charles-Town d'après un plan anglois levé en 1776. Scale ca. 1:45,000. Hand colored. Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings. Shows points of defense. Oriented with north to the right. "No. 2." "No. 1 et 2. Ensemble." Includes sailing "Instruction."...
- Contributor: Sartine, Antoine De - France. Dépôt Des Cartes Et Plans De La Marine
- Date: 1778
MapCharles Town, South Carolina, with a chart of the bars & harbour, Scale ca. 1:56,700. Oriented with north to the right. Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1541 Available also through the Library of Congress Web...
- Contributor: Lodge, John - Fielding & Walker - Cowley, R.
- Date: 1780
MapA sketch of the operations before Charlestown, the capital of South Carolina. Scale ca. 1:11,800. Hand colored. Includes descriptive index and inset "Charlestown Harbour," ca. 1:430,000. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2
- Contributor: Des Barres, Joseph F. W. (Joseph Frederick Wallet)
- Date: 1780