Maps [Position of Army of Tennessee near Atlanta, Georgia, July 22, 1864].
About this Item
- [Position of Army of Tennessee near Atlanta, Georgia, July 22, 1864].
- Subject Headings
- - Decatur Region (Ga.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - Atlanta Campaign, 1864--Maps
- - United States--Georgia--Decatur Region
- - Atlanta Campaign
- - Shows positions of the 15th, 16th, and 17th Army Corps east of Atlanta and "Rebel conscr. camp" southwest of Decatur.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Title and date from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - Similar map appears in the U.S. War Dept.'s Atlas to accompany the official records of the Union and Confederate armies, 1891-95, pl. 90, no. 3.
- - Pencil.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), S42, 140
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - In pencil at bottom: McPherson.
- - Imperfect: Fold-lined. Minor losses along folds. Mounted on paper.
- 1 ms. map ; 28 x 40 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3924.D4S5 1864 .P6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
[Position of Army of Tennessee near Atlanta, Georgia, July 22, 1864]. 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006458685/. (Accessed January 23, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1864) [Position of Army of Tennessee near Atlanta, Georgia, July 22, 1864]. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006458685/.
MLA citation style:
[Position of Army of Tennessee near Atlanta, Georgia, July 22, 1864]. 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2006458685/>.