Maps Sketch and plan for a fortification opposite Paducah, Ky.
About this Item
- Sketch and plan for a fortification opposite Paducah, Ky.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Puducah Region (Ky.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Massac County (Ill.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Fortification--Kentucky--Paducah Region--Maps
- - Fortification--Illinois--Massac County--Maps
- - Paducah Region (Ky.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Massac County (Ill.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Kentucky--Puducah Region
- - United States--Illinois--Massac County
- - Shows sketch of the environs of the proposed fort in Massac County, Illinois.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - In the lower right corner: Engr. Dept., July 18/64. Recd. with Gen. Cullum's letter of the 16th inst. (C5621).
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 225
- - Includes plan and profile of the proposed fort.
- - Copy imperfect: Part of profile in lower left missing
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map : ms. ; 53 x 82 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3954.P2S5 1864 .S5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Massac County (Ill.)
Paducah Region (Ky.)
Puducah Region (Ky.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sketch and plan for a fortification opposite Paducah, Ky.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447185/. (Accessed January 18, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1864) Sketch and plan for a fortification opposite Paducah, Ky. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447185/.
MLA citation style:
Sketch and plan for a fortification opposite Paducah, Ky.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99447185/>.