Maps A map of the state of Tennessee taken from survey
About this Item
- A map of the state of Tennessee taken from survey
- Contributor Names
- Rhea, Matthew, 1795-1870.
- Tanner, Henry Schenck, 1786-1858.
- Knight, J. (Jonathan), 1787-1858.
- Dawson, E. B.
- Created / Published
- Columbia, Tenn. : Matthew Rhea, 1832.
- Subject Headings
- - Tennessee--Maps
- - Tennessee
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1832 by Matthew Rhea, in the Clerks Office of the District of West Tennessee."
- - "Sold by H.S Tanner, Philadelphia, Eichbaum & Norvell, Nashville, and S.D. Jacobs, Knoxville."
- - LC Trails, 180
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes statistical and chronological tables, "View of Nashville", and "Geological section of the State of Tennessee."
- - Distinguishing line symbols are shown for "Important Roads" and "Common Roads." The legend also includes state and county lines, Indian boundary lines, old forts, and Indian villages.
- 1 map : col., laminated, mounted on cloth backing ; 88 x 174 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3960 1832 .R4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rhea, Matthew, Henry Schenck Tanner, J Knight, and E. B Dawson. A map of the state of Tennessee taken from survey. Columbia, Tenn.: Matthew Rhea, 1832. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2011588000/. (Accessed February 28, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Rhea, M., Tanner, H. S., Knight, J. & Dawson, E. B. (1832) A map of the state of Tennessee taken from survey. Columbia, Tenn.: Matthew Rhea. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2011588000/.
MLA citation style:
Rhea, Matthew, et al. A map of the state of Tennessee taken from survey. Columbia, Tenn.: Matthew Rhea, 1832. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2011588000/>.