Maps From Mitchelsville [sic] to Gallatin--Sumner Co., Tenn., 1862
About this Item
- From Mitchelsville [sic] to Gallatin--Sumner Co., Tenn., 1862
- Contributor Names
- Blakeslee, G. H.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Sumner County (Tenn.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Sumner County (Tenn.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Sumner County (Tenn.)--Pictorial works
- - Gallatin Region (Tenn.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Fortification--Tennessee--Sumner County--Maps
- - United States--Tennessee--Sumner County
- - United States--Tennessee--Gallatin Region
- - Sketch map showing military engagements, fortifications, roads, railroads, settlements, farms, and streams.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Pen-and-ink (brown and red).
- - Mounted on paper backing.
- - Watermark: Franklin Mills.
- - Imperfect: Laminated.
- - Includes 8 inset views and ancillary map at right: Picket Post -- Buck Lodge -- Stockade at King's Bridge -- McClouds -- Hd-Qrs. -- "Rodamore" -- South Tunnel -- CourtHouse-Mill-Gallatin -- Ft. Smith, MitchelsV [i.e. Mitchellville, map].
- - Label with the figure "3" affixed in margin at upper right.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 446.2
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Gift; Mrs. Geo. W. Volk, Lexington, Neb.; Jan. 1966.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 39 x 51 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3963.S9S5 1862 .B5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsBlakeslee, G. H.
Gallatin Region (Tenn.)
Sumner County (Tenn.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Blakeslee, G. H. [From Mitchelsville sic to Gallatin--Sumner Co., Tenn., 1862]. 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630474/. (Accessed February 21, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Blakeslee, G. H. (1862) [From Mitchelsville sic to Gallatin--Sumner Co., Tenn., 1862]. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630474/.
MLA citation style:
Blakeslee, G. H. [From Mitchelsville sic to Gallatin--Sumner Co., Tenn., 1862]. 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630474/>.