Maps [Map of the Red River campaign, March 10-May 22. 1864].
About this Item
- [Map of the Red River campaign, March 10-May 22. 1864].
- Contributor Names
- Venable, Richard M. (Richard Morton), 1839-1910
- Subject Headings
- - Red River (Tex.-La.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Louisiana--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - Mansfield, Battle of, La., 1864--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Texas--Red River
- - United States--Louisiana--Red River
- - United States--Louisiana
- - Mansfield, Battle of, La
- - Shows the Red River valley in Arkansas and Louisiana, indicates the location of Camp Worth near Logansport, Louisiana, and the battle sites of April 8 and 9, 1864, between Mansfield and Pleasant Hill, Louisiana.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 241.2
- - Endorsed in lower left corner: No. 210. Respectfully forwd. Richd. M. Venable Capt. & Chf. Topol. Bur. West La. Ark.
- - Title, date, and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - Pen-and-ink on tracing linen.
- - Printed version published in the Atlas to Accompany the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies, 1891-95, plate 53, no.1. The copy reproduced in the atlas originally accompanied "the report of Gen. E. Kirby Smith, C. S. Army, Series I, vol. XXXIV, part 1, page 481."
- - Imperfect: Holes in upper and lower right quadrants and stained throughout.
- - In lower left corner stamped in ink on verso: 6563.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 94 x 58 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3992.R4 1864 .V4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsVenable, Richard M.
Venable, Richard M. (Richard Morton)
Mansfield, Battle Of, La
Mansfield, Battle Of, La.
Red River (Tex.-La.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Venable, Richard M. [Map of the Red River campaign, March 10-May 22. 1864]. 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008626486/. (Accessed December 11, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Venable, R. M. (1864) [Map of the Red River campaign, March 10-May 22. 1864]. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2008626486/.
MLA citation style:
Venable, Richard M. [Map of the Red River campaign, March 10-May 22. 1864]. 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2008626486/>.