Maps Map of Louisiana, from d'Anville's atlas. Copy 2
About this Item
- Map of Louisiana, from d'Anville's atlas.
- Contributor Names
- Anville, Jean Baptiste Bourguignon d', 1697-1782.
- Haywood, John.
- Bowen, Thomas, -1790.
- Harrison, John, active 1784-1792.
- Created / Published
- London, Engraved for Jno. Harrison, 1788.
- Subject Headings
- - Louisiana--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Louisiana
- - Scale ca. 1:1,700,000.
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Inset: Upper Louisiana.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1616
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1
- map 31 x 49 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4010 1788 .A5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Anville, Jean Baptiste Bourguignon D', John Haywood, Thomas Bowen, and John Harrison. Map of Louisiana, from d'Anville's atlas. London, Engraved for Jno. Harrison, 1788. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/74690502/. (Accessed February 24, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Anville, J. B. B. D., Haywood, J., Bowen, T. & Harrison, J. (1788) Map of Louisiana, from d'Anville's atlas. London, Engraved for Jno. Harrison. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/74690502/.
MLA citation style:
Anville, Jean Baptiste Bourguignon D', et al. Map of Louisiana, from d'Anville's atlas. London, Engraved for Jno. Harrison, 1788. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/74690502/>.