Map Map of Louisiana & Arkansas.
About this Item
- Map of Louisiana & Arkansas.
- Contributor Names
- Holtz, Helmuth.
- Created / Published
- [S.l., 1864?]
- Subject Headings
- - Louisiana--Maps
- - Arkansas--Maps
- - United States--Louisiana
- - United States--Arkansas
- - Scale ca. 1:650,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 230
- - At head of title: Department of Louisiana.
- - General map showing roads, railroads, drainage, names and boundaries of counties, towns, forts, "military road to Memphis," and camp sites in St. Francis County, Ark. On August 2, 3, and 6, 1864.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map in 3 parts, col., each approx. 48 x 89 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4010 1864 .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale ca. 1:650,000. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 230 At head of title: Department of Louisiana. General map showing roads, railroads, drainage, names and boundaries of counties, towns, forts, "military road to Memphis," and camp sites in St. Francis County, Ark. On August 2, 3, and 6, 1864. Description derived from published bibliography. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Holtz, Helmuth. Map of Louisiana & Arkansas. [S.l., ?, 1864] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/99447188/.
APA citation style:
Holtz, H. (1864) Map of Louisiana & Arkansas. [S.l., ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99447188/.
MLA citation style:
Holtz, Helmuth. Map of Louisiana & Arkansas. [S.l., ?, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/99447188/>.
More Maps like this
MapMilitary map no. 54, prepared as basis for additional surveys Scale 1:380,160. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 102.8 General map of southern Alabama and West Florida showing roads, railroads, towns, drainage, and a few names of residents along the Tensaw River....
- Contributor: Hains, Peter C. - Holtz, Helmuth - Hains, Peter C. (Peter Conover)
- Date: 1864
MapMap of the state of Texas Relief shown by hachures. Shows longitude West from Greenwich and Washington. Authorities: Pressler's map of Texas, Rebel Surveys, Military map of Texas & Mexico. Available also through the Library of Congress Web...
- Contributor: Holtz, Helmuth - Gillespie, G. L.
- Date: 1865
MapMilitary map of part of Louisiana Scale ca. 1:390,000. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 232.5 General map of southern Louisiana from St. Francisville south to Atchafalaya Bay and Lake Borgne west to Vermilion Bay. Description derived from...
- Contributor: Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas) - Lindenkohl, H. - United States Coast Survey - Lindenkohl, H. (Henry)
- Date: 1863
MapPort Hudson Compiled from government surveys and other sources and drawn by Charles McGregor, Historian of ... Scale ca. 1:8250. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 239 Shows fortifications, relief by hachures, vegetation, drainage, roads, railroad, houses, and contains an index to artillery batteries and principal points of action....
- Contributor: McGregor, Charles
- Date: 1900
MapApproaches to Fort Butte La Rose, Louisiana, Scale 1:31,680. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 233 Gives vegetation, drainage, houses, fences, road leading from fort, and the position of the U.S. steamers Clifton, Arizona, Calhoun and Estrella, and the...
- Contributor: Oltmanns, J. G. - United States Coast Survey
- Date: 1863