Maps Map 1814-15 New Orleans.
About this Item
- Map 1814-15 New Orleans.
- Contributor Names
- White, Maunsel.
- Reid, John, -1816.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - New Orleans Metropolitan Area (La.)--History--War of 1812--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Louisiana--New Orleans Metropolitan Area
- - Shows the Bayou Bienvenue stretching from Lake Pontchartrain to Lake Borgne, part of the Mississippi River, canals, and lines of battles and encampments.
- - Title from verso.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor, on 4 separate sheets of paper pasted together, sectioned in two, and mounted on cardboard backed by cloth.
- - "Presented to Major John Reid by Maunsel White, January 28, 1815."
- - Imperfect: Fold lined, with losses along folds, lacking both bottom corners and upper left corner, and tears along the side borders of the map.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map ; col. 66 x 98 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4014.N5S42 1815 .P4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
White, Maunsel, and John Reid. Map 1814-15 New Orleans.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007627049/. (Accessed February 27, 2017.)
APA citation style:
White, M. & Reid, J. (1815) Map 1814-15 New Orleans. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007627049/.
MLA citation style:
White, Maunsel, and John Reid. Map 1814-15 New Orleans.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2007627049/>.