Map Ribbon map of the [Fa]ther of Waters.
About this Item
- Ribbon map of the [Fa]ther of Waters.
- Contributor Names
- Coloney & Fairchild.
- Created / Published
- St. Louis, Mo. : Coloney & Fairchild, 1866
- Subject Headings
- - Mississippi River--Maps
- - United States--Mississippi River
- - Shows distances, landings, and names of some landowners.
- - On label, pasted on: Dw'd P. Fe [remainder missing].
- - "This patent is for the 'IDEA' ... July 1866, Myron Coloney, Sidney B. Fairchild, inventors & pateniees [sic]."
- - "Coloney & Fairchild's patent ribbon maps."
- - Designed for a traveller aboard a steamship.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no. 14-82
- - Vault
- 1 map : hand col. ; 336 x 7 cm., rolled on spool in wooden case 10 x 5 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4042.M5 1866 .R5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Shows distances, landings, and names of some landowners. On label, pasted on: Dw'd P. Fe [remainder missing]. "This patent is for the 'IDEA' ... July 1866, Myron Coloney, Sidney B. Fairchild, inventors & pateniees [sic]." "Coloney & Fairchild's patent ribbon maps." Designed for a traveller aboard a steamship. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Acquisitions control no. 14-82 Vault
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Coloney & Fairchild. Ribbon map of the Father of Waters. St. Louis, Mo.: Coloney & Fairchild, 1866. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/86691596/.
APA citation style:
Coloney & Fairchild. (1866) Ribbon map of the Father of Waters. St. Louis, Mo.: Coloney & Fairchild. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/86691596/.
MLA citation style:
Coloney & Fairchild. Ribbon map of the Father of Waters. St. Louis, Mo.: Coloney & Fairchild, 1866. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/86691596/>.
More Maps like this
MapNorman's chart of the lower Mississippi River, Scale ca. 1:140,000. Alternate title: From Natchez to New Orleans. Hand colored. Cadastral map showing landowners. LC copy 2 imperfect: Pieces missing primarily along outside margin and discolored. Shows plantations with names...
- Contributor: J.H. Colton & Co. - Norman, Benjamin Moore - Persac, Marie Adrien
- Date: 1858
MapMap of the Mississippi River : from Cairo to Donaldsonville. "Showing bank erosion as derived from special survey made November 20, 1891 to March 20, 1892. Showing also the controlling line of levees in 1892." Available also through the Library of Congress...
- Contributor: United States. Mississippi River Commission
- Date: 1892
MapLloyd's map of the lower Mississippi River from St. Louis to the Gulf of Mexico; compiled ... Signed in ms: "Milliard Fillmore, March 9, 1863." Another edition. 4 sheets, each 48 x 66 cm. dated 1863. Stephenson, no. 41. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 28 LC Railroad maps,...
- Contributor: Fillmore, Millard - Lloyd, James T.
- Date: 1862
MapReal Estate Map Publishing Co's atlas of township of Proviso, Cook County, Illinois : including Riverside ...
Atlas of township of Proviso, Cook County, Illinois "Entered according to an Act of Congress in the year 1914 by Real Estate Map Pub. Co." "Published in two volumes." Includes index. Copy imperfect: Looseleaf, portfolio, title page torn and repaired,...
- Contributor: Real Estate Map Publishing Company
- Date: 1914
MapInland freight tonnage by direction of movement on the Mississippi River and selected tributaries and the ... Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes location map.
- Contributor: United States. Army. Corps of Engineers
- Date: 1960