Maps Map of the alluvial region of the Mississippi
About this Item
- Map of the alluvial region of the Mississippi
- Other Title
- U.S. Miss. Delta survey, plate II
- Contributor Names
- Mahon, Charles.
- Humphreys, A. A. (Andrew Atkinson), 1810-1883.
- Abbot, Henry, 1768-1840.
- United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers.
- Created / Published
- [Washington] : Corps of Topographical Engineers, 1861.
- Subject Headings
- - Mississippi River Region--Maps
- - United States--Mississippi River Region
- - Shows the Mississippi River from Cape Giradeau to the delta.
- - Soundings shown in fathoms.
- - Gift; Miss Eleanor Sherman Fitch; July 7, 1942.
- - "Prepared to accompany the report of Capt. A.A. Humphreys and Lieut. H.L. Abbot, Corps of Top'l. Eng'rs., U.S.A. to the Bureau of Topl. Engrs., War Dept."
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), S185, 14.4
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes notes.
- - In red on verso: 16.
- 1 map : col. ; 73 x 46 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4042.M5 1861 .M2
- G4042.M5 1861 .M2 Copy 2 CW 14.4 Torn along fold line, smudges in lower left margin, minor discoloration along edges.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Humphreys, A. A. (Andrew Atkinson)
United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers
LocationMississippi River Region
Mississippi River Region
Mississippi River Region
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mahon, Charles, A. A Humphreys, Henry Abbot, and United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. Map of the alluvial region of the Mississippi. [Washington: Corps of Topographical Engineers, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007627376/. (Accessed January 17, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Mahon, C., Humphreys, A. A., Abbot, H. & United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. (1861) Map of the alluvial region of the Mississippi. [Washington: Corps of Topographical Engineers] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007627376/.
MLA citation style:
Mahon, Charles, et al. Map of the alluvial region of the Mississippi. [Washington: Corps of Topographical Engineers, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2007627376/>.