Map [Santa Fe route].
About this Item
- [Santa Fe route].
- Contributor Names
- Brown, J. C. (Joseph C.)
- Sibley, George Champlin, 1782-1863.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Santa Fe National Historic Trail--Maps
- - United States--Santa Fe Trail
- - Pen and ink.
- - Commissioned by Pres. Monroe, March 3, 1825 to survey and mark the Santa Fe Road. Report of survey completed 1827. Map belonged to Mjr. George C. Sibley, one of the U.S. Commissioners who conducted the survey.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- 1 map ; 35 x 121 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4052.S3 1825 .B7 TIL
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Pen and ink. Commissioned by Pres. Monroe, March 3, 1825 to survey and mark the Santa Fe Road. Report of survey completed 1827. Map belonged to Mjr. George C. Sibley, one of the U.S. Commissioners who conducted the survey. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image. Vault
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Brown, J. C, and George Champlin Sibley. Santa Fe route. 1825. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98687168/.
APA citation style:
Brown, J. C. & Sibley, G. C. (1825) Santa Fe route. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98687168/.
MLA citation style:
Brown, J. C, and George Champlin Sibley. Santa Fe route. 1825. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98687168/>.