Map Indiana Fort Wayne : ms. map of Fort Wayne said to have been made on July 18, 1795, for General Anthony Wayne
About this Item
- Indiana Fort Wayne : ms. map of Fort Wayne said to have been made on July 18, 1795, for General Anthony Wayne
- Contributor Names
- Neff, P. M.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fort Wayne (Ind.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Indiana--Fort Wayne
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolors.
- - Mounted on cloth backing.
- - "Fort Wayne ... the first American post, built in 1794 and named for Anthony Wayne after his victory at Fallen Timbers, was located across the St. Marys from the old Miami village of Kekionga and the remains of old Fort Miami, at the present intersection of Clay and Berry streets"--Ency. of Historic Forts, p. 281-282.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 33 x 21 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4094.F7 1795 .N4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Neff, P. M. Indiana Fort Wayne: ms. map of Fort Wayne said to have been made on , for General Anthony Wayne. 1795. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2007629021/.
APA citation style:
Neff, P. M. (1795) Indiana Fort Wayne: ms. map of Fort Wayne said to have been made on , for General Anthony Wayne. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2007629021/.
MLA citation style:
Neff, P. M. Indiana Fort Wayne: ms. map of Fort Wayne said to have been made on , for General Anthony Wayne. 1795. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2007629021/>.
More Maps like this
MapGriswold's birdseye view of the city of Fort Wayne, Indiana indexed for ready reference. Perspective map not drawn to scale. LC Panoramic maps (2nd ed.), 195 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes index to points of interest and...
- Contributor: Griswold, J. (Bert Joseph) - Griswold, J. - Hixon, W. W.
- Date: 1907
MapBird's eye view of the city of Fort Wayne, Indiana 1868. Perspective map not drawn to scale. LC Panoramic maps (2nd ed.), 194 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes ill. and index to points of...
- Contributor: Chicago Lithographing Co. - Ruger, A.
- Date: 1868
MapAtlas of Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana
Atlas of Fort Wayne, Indiana Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes index. LC copy imperfect: Cover separated from binding. Vendor: John Carbonell Acquisitions control no. 2007-144
- Contributor: Randall, Frank M. - Hughes, G. L.
- Date: 1924
MapA Map of the western parts of the province of Pennsylvania, Virginia, &c. Scale ca. 1:1,270,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink, pencil and watercolor. Has watermark. Imperfect: Eastern portion and southwest corner wanting. Relief shown pictorially. "To the Honourable House of Representatives of the Province of Pennsylvania this...
- Contributor: Patten, John
- Date: 1753
Map[Base map of Alabama]. Shows names of counties, major cities and towns, and rivers. Title, date, and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. Pen-and-ink on tracing linen, mounted on cloth. Stamped in green ink in...
- Contributor: Hotchkiss, Jedediah
- Date: 1893