Maps [Bend of the Missouri River].
About this Item
- [Bend of the Missouri River].
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Missouri River--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Missouri River
- - Pen-and-ink.
- - Annotated in pencil: Bend of the Missouri, Long. 101 25ʺ-Lat. 47 32ʺ by Mr. Thomson, astronmer to the N.W. Company in 1798.
- - On verso: A sketch of the north bend of the Missourie River.
- - Gives number of warriors, houses and tents of six Mandan and Pawnee Indian villages in the vicinity of the junction of the Missouri and Knife Rivers.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- 1 map ms. ; 42 x 50 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4127.M5 1798 .B4 TIL
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
[Bend of the Missouri River].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98687182/. (Accessed February 27, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1798) [Bend of the Missouri River]. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98687182/.
MLA citation style:
[Bend of the Missouri River].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98687182/>.