Map Map of the state of Nebraska showing the lands of the Burlington & Missouri Riv. R.R. Co. in Nebraska.
About this Item
- Map of the state of Nebraska showing the lands of the Burlington & Missouri Riv. R.R. Co. in Nebraska.
- Land grant map showing drainage, cities and towns, townships, transportation network and main railroads in heavy lines.
- Contributor Names
- G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
- Burlington and Missouri River Railroad Company.
- Created / Published
- New York, 1876.
- Subject Headings
- - Burlington and Missouri River Railroad Company--Maps
- - Railroads--Nebraska--Maps
- - Railroad land grants--Nebraska--Maps
- - United States--Nebraska
- - Scale ca. 1:1,000,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 353
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Note: "The Burlington & Missouri River R.R. Company of Nebraska own the alternate sections, in whole or in large part, in every township . . . within the areas North of the Platte, and South of the Platte [brown] on this Map. These embrace 2,500,000 Acres.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 40 x 67 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4191.P3 1876 .G15
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co, and Burlington And Missouri River Railroad Company. Map of the state of Nebraska showing the lands of the Burlington & Missouri Riv. R.R. Co. in Nebraska. New York, 1876. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/98688604/.
APA citation style:
G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co & Burlington And Missouri River Railroad Company. (1876) Map of the state of Nebraska showing the lands of the Burlington & Missouri Riv. R.R. Co. in Nebraska. New York. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98688604/.
MLA citation style:
G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co, and Burlington And Missouri River Railroad Company. Map of the state of Nebraska showing the lands of the Burlington & Missouri Riv. R.R. Co. in Nebraska. New York, 1876. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98688604/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap showing location of lands belonging to the Iowa Rail Road Land Company Iowa Falls, and ... Map of the midwestern states showing drainage, township and counties, land grants, railroads with named lines. Includes geographical description and advertising.
- Contributor: G.W. & C. Colton & Co. - Iowa Railroad
- Date: 1871
MapMaps showing the connections of the Little Rock and Fort Smith Railroad and its land grant. Two maps on 1 sheet. Main map shows entire United States with its railroad system and emphasizes the main line. Secondary map shows land grants. Chartered in 1853 and opened in 1870.
- Contributor: G.W. & C. Colton & Co. - Little Rock & Fort Smith R.R. Co.
- Date: 1873
MapMap of the state of Texas showing the line and lands of the Texas and Pacific ... Shows relief by hachures, drainages, cities and towns, counties, railroads, and the land grant.
- Contributor: G.W. & C. Colton & Co. - Texas & Pacific Railway
- Date: 1873
MapCorrect map of the Burlington and Missouri River R.R., the Burlington Route and its connections. Map of the United States showing relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, state and county boundaries, and the named railroad network.
- Contributor: Rand McNally and Company - Burlington and Missouri River Railroad Company
- Date: 1882
MapMap showing the new transcontinental route of the Atlantic & Pacific Railroad and its connections. Map covering the southwestern states but extending from Chicago to the Pacific Coast.
- Contributor: Atlantic and Pacific Railroad Company - Chicago & Pacific Railroad - G.W. & C. Colton & Co.
- Date: 1883