Map Map showing territory annexed to the city of Los Angeles, California
About this Item
- Map showing territory annexed to the city of Los Angeles, California
- Contributor Names
- Hamlin, Homer, 1864-1920.
- Created / Published
- [Los Angeles] : City Engineer , 1916.
- Subject Headings
- - Annexation (Municipal government)--California--Los Angeles--Maps
- - Los Angeles (Calif.)--Maps
- - United States--California--Los Angeles
- - Includes historical table of date, place name, how it was obtained, number of acres, and number of square miles being annexed between 1781 and 1916.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; x cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4364.L8F7 1916 .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hamlin, Homer. Map showing territory annexed to the city of Los Angeles, California. [Los Angeles: City Engineer, 1916] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2006627663/.
APA citation style:
Hamlin, H. (1916) Map showing territory annexed to the city of Los Angeles, California. [Los Angeles: City Engineer] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2006627663/.
MLA citation style:
Hamlin, Homer. Map showing territory annexed to the city of Los Angeles, California. [Los Angeles: City Engineer, 1916] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2006627663/>.
More Maps like this
MapGreater Los Angeles : the wonder city of America Relief shown pictorially. Indexed. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Leuschner, K. M. - Metropolitan Surveys (Firm)
- Date: 1932
MapLos Angeles 1909. Perspective map not drawn to scale. Bird's-eye-view. On verso: City and suburban street map of Los Angeles. Accompanied by index. 24 p. LC Panoramic maps (2nd ed.), 29 Available also through the...
- Contributor: Birdseye View Publishing Co. - Gates, Worthington - Western Litho. Co.
- Date: 1909
MapStreet and section map of the Los Angeles oil fields, California Relief shown by contour lines and spot heights. Upper left corner "U.S. Geological Survey, Charles D. Walcott, director." Lower left corner "Compiled from city engineer's map and county records by Ralph Arnold,...
- Contributor: Arnold, Ralph - A. Hoen & Co.
- Date: 1906
MapMap of the old portion of the city surrounding the plaza, showing the Old Plaza Church, ...
- Contributor: Ruxton, A. G.
- Date: 1873-03-12
MapMap of the old portion of the city surrounding the plaza, showing the old plaza church, ... Cadastral map. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Mounted on cardboard. Map of a portion of Los Angeles City showing plots, large number of women landowners, and points of interest with dates. Copy annotated in...
- Contributor: Ruxton, A. G.
- Date: 1873