Maps June 6, 1944
About this Item
- HQ Twelfth Army Group situation map : [Battle of the Bulge--France, Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany]
- Contributor Names
- Allied Forces. Army Group, 12th. Engineer Section.
- United States. Army. Army Group, 1st. Headquarters.
- Created / Published
- [England?] : Twelfth Army Group, [1944-1945]
- Subject Headings
- - Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945--Maps
- - World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Western Front--Maps
- - World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Germany--Maps
- - Europe
- - Germany
- - Each quadrangle sheet shows the position of the 12th Army Group and adjacent Allied Forces and of the German units for each day from D-Day (6 June 1944) thru 26 July 1945.
- - Date of situation printed on each sheet, e.g.: Situation 2400 hrs. 6 June 1944 HQ. FUSAG -- Situation 1200 hrs. 2 January 1945 Twelfth Army Group -- Situation as of 261200 July 1945.
- - Later sheets cover Germany only.
- - Relief shown by spot heights.
- - Common title does not appear on all sheets.
- - Base-map titles differ: 12 AG outline maps 1:500,000 -- 12th Army Group outline maps 1:1,000,000 -- 12th Army Group outline map 1:1,400,000. Some sheets have no base-map title.
- - Troop-position information overprinted on base maps at scales of 1:400,000, 1:500,000, 1:1,000,000, 1:1,400,000, and 1:1,500,000.
- - Map projections differ: Projection-Europe (air) conical orthomorphic -- Albers conical equal-area projection.
- - Former security classification: Secret (officially declassified 18 June 1979).
- - Each sheet accompanied by a declassified "G-3 Report" giving detailed information on troop positions for the period 3 Mar. 1944-26 July 1945. Various pagings ; 33 x 21 cm.
- - Surplus map stock overprinted "Void" on verso of some sheets.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 412 maps : col. ; 52 x 54 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G5701.S7 svar .A4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the World War II Military Situtation Maps were published by the United States government (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
See our Legal Notices for additional information and restrictions.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Photographic copies, prints or copies of the TIFF files of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. Prints, cards and stamps are available from Zazzle: please see the "Reproductions of Library of Congress Cartographic Material" webpage for more details.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Allied Forces. Army Group, 12Th. Engineer Section, and 1St. Headquarters United States Army. Army Group. [HQ Twelfth Army Group situation map: Battle of the Bulge--France, Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany]. [England?: Twelfth Army Group, to 1945, 1944] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2001628569/. (Accessed February 27, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Allied Forces. Army Group, 1. E. S. & United States Army. Army Group, 1. H. (1944) [HQ Twelfth Army Group situation map: Battle of the Bulge--France, Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany]. [England?: Twelfth Army Group, to 1945] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2001628569/.
MLA citation style:
Allied Forces. Army Group, 12Th. Engineer Section, and 1St. Headquarters United States Army. Army Group. [HQ Twelfth Army Group situation map: Battle of the Bulge--France, Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany]. [England?: Twelfth Army Group, to 1945, 1944] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2001628569/>.