Maps Title page
About this Item
- Expeditionis Hispanorum in Angliam vera descriptio. Anno Do: M D LXXXVIII.
- Contributor Names
- Adams, Robert, -1595.
- Ubaldini, Petruccio, 1524?-1600?
- Ryther, Augustine.
- Hans and Hanni Kraus Sir Francis Drake Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- [London : s.n., 1590]
- Subject Headings
- - Great Britain--History--Elizabeth, 1558-1603--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Great Britain--History, Naval--Tudors, 1485-1603--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Armada, 1588--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Great Britain
- - Intended to accompany: Ubaldini, Petruccio. A discourse concerninge the Spanishe fleete invadinge Englande in the yeare 1588.
- - Some of the plates are signed by Robert Adams, artist, and Augustine Ryther, engraver. The legends are in English.
- - Kraus, H.P. Sir Francis Drake, 51
- - ESTC S123138
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Gift of Hans P. and Hanni Kraus.
- - LC copy lacks plates 2, 6 and 7.
- 1 atlas (, 10,  plates, the last folded) : hand col. maps ; 39 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1816.S45 1588 .A3
- Library of Congress Rare Book and Special Collections Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Hans and Hanni Kraus Sir Francis Drake Collection (Library of Congress)
Early Works to 1800
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Adams, Robert, -1595, Petruccio Ubaldini, Augustine Ryther, and Hans And Hanni Kraus Sir Francis Drake Collection. Expeditionis Hispanorum in Angliam vera descriptio. Anno Do: M D LXXXVIII. [London: s.n, 1589] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2004629175/. (Accessed December 03, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Adams, R., Ubaldini, P., Ryther, A. & Hans And Hanni Kraus Sir Francis Drake Collection. (1589) Expeditionis Hispanorum in Angliam vera descriptio. Anno Do: M D LXXXVIII. [London: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2004629175/.
MLA citation style:
Adams, Robert, -1595, et al. Expeditionis Hispanorum in Angliam vera descriptio. Anno Do: M D LXXXVIII. [London: s.n, 1589] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2004629175/>.