Map 45) Bisnagar
About this Item
- A description of the sea coasts ... in the East Indies
- Other Title
- Hack's descript of ye East Indies
- Buccaneer atlas
- Contributor Names
- Hacke, William.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--Asia--Early works to 1800
- - Nautical charts--Africa--Early works to 1800
- - Coasts--Asia--Early works to 1800
- - Coasts--Africa--Early works to 1800
- - Asia--Maps, Manuscript
- - Africa--Maps, Manuscript
- - India
- - China--Macau (Special Administrative Region)
- - Covers the coasts of eastern Africa, India, and the East Indies.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Each drawing bears a brief description with soundings, distances and facts regarding anchorages and navigation of rivers which might be of value in pirating activities.
- - This atlas is known as the "Buccaneer atlas" because it results from the experience of Hacke in association with Captain Bartholomew Sharpe, the notorious Buccaneer on various expeditions to the South Sea.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Phillips 3162
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 atlas (1 v. (various pagings)) : ms., col. ill., col. maps ; 47 x 38 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G2201.P5 H3 1690
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hacke, William. A description of the sea coasts ... in the East Indies. [?, 1690] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2002626774/.
APA citation style:
Hacke, W. (1690) A description of the sea coasts ... in the East Indies. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002626774/.
MLA citation style:
Hacke, William. A description of the sea coasts ... in the East Indies. [?, 1690] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2002626774/>.
More Maps like this
Qi sheng yan hai tu.
七省沿海图 Scale ca. 1:760,000. Title pasted on verso. Oriented with north to the right. Relief shown pictorially. Pictorial map. Translated title: Coastal map of China. Hummel purchase 1934, no. 1. Insets: Huan hai...
- Contributor: Hummel, Arthur W. (Arthur William)
- Date: 1881
[Map showing coast of Argentina from 44⁰05ʹS to 49⁰52ʹS : Union Point to Port San Julián]. Oriented with north to the bottom. Black and brown inks and watercolor. Mounted on cloth backing. LC Luso-Hispanic World, 138 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster...
- Date: 1700
Carta esférica que comprehende la Ysla de Trinidad con sus adyacentes, bajos, sondas y veriles Depths shown by soundings. Prime meridian: Port of Spain. Watermark: J. Honig & Zoonen; and, beehive over the characters JH & Z. Pen-and-ink. Mounted on cloth backing. LC Luso-Hispanic World, 805 Available...
- Date: 1793
Plano de la Ysla Trinidad de Barlovento situado entre las latitudes septentrionales de 10⁰51ʹ y la ... Also shows adjacent coast of Venezuela. Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings. Prime meridian: Tenerife. Watermark: J. Whatman. Black, brown, and red inks. Mounted on cloth backing. LC Luso-Hispanic World, 815...
- Date: 1780
[Map showing Trinidad Island and adjacent coast of Venezuela]. Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings. Watermark: PVL [Pieter van Ley] in 1 character. Black, red, and yellow inks. Mounted on cloth backing. LC Luso-Hispanic World, 808 Available also through the...
- Date: 1700