Map Cheonhado. Recto
About this Item
- Other Title
- Map of all under heaven
- Created / Published
- Chungguk sipsamsŏng to -- [Segye to]
- Subject Headings
- - China--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - World maps, Manuscript
- - China
- - Earth
- - One map shows Ming Empire of China and the other map shows the world.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Title from verso in red ink: Chʻŏnha Chungguk.
- - Possibly based on early map (date unknown) with addition of up-to-date place names.
- - Alternate title previous supplied: Da ming hun yi tian xia quan tu.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Gift; 1992; Andrew Saylor.
- - Acquisitions control no. 92-5d
- - 中国十三省图 -- [世界图]
- 2 maps on 1 sheet : ms., col. ; 29 x 29 cm. and 27 x 27 cm., sheet 32 x 64 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G7820 1800 .C5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- One map shows Ming Empire of China and the other map shows the world. Relief shown pictorially. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Title from verso in red ink: Chʻŏnha Chungguk. Possibly based on early map (date unknown) with addition of up-to-date place names. Alternate title previous supplied: Da ming hun yi tian xia quan tu. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Gift; 1992; Andrew Saylor. Acquisitions control no. 92-5d 中国十三省图 -- [世界图]
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cheonhado. [?, 1800] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/93684246/.
APA citation style:
(1800) Cheonhado. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/93684246/.
MLA citation style:
Cheonhado. [?, 1800] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/93684246/>.
More Maps like this
MapWeltkarte des Idrisi vom Jahr 1154 n. Ch., Charta Rogeriana
Charta Rogeriana | Explanations to the proof of the map of the world drawn by Idrisi in 1154 and restored by K. Miller in 1927 Relief shown pictorially. Place names in romanized Arabic. Accompanying text in English. Facsimile. Original version: 1154. Oriented with north to the bottom. Originally printed on 6 sheets, each ca. 47 x 68...
- Contributor: Miller, Konrad - Idrīsī
- Date: 1928
Map[Portolan atlas of 9 charts and a world map, etc. Dedicated to Hieronymus Ruffault, Abbot of ... Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor, on vellum. Each double-page illumination (col. diagrs., col. maps) 21 x 29 cm. Compass rose on inside back cover. "Maps 1, 2, and 10 show America. No. 1...
- Contributor: Agnese, Battista
- Date: 1544
MapChikyū zenzu. Relief shown pictorially. Hand drawn copy of first map on copperplate in Japan. The paper has been authenticated by the Metropolitan Museum as 18th century Japanese paper. Originally published Tōto Shibamon, [Japan]...
- Contributor: Shiba, Kōkan
- Date: 1792
Map[Shi jie] quan tu. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Maps probably drawn by the small boys in the Christian College, Canton, China. One of three maps drawn by the small boys in the Christian College, Canton, China. "136A"....
- Date: 1900
MapThe world "January 1833." Relief shown by hachures. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault Acquisitions control no. 99-43
- Contributor: Van Schaack, Mary
- Date: 1833