Maps [Franklin-Folger chart of the Gulf Stream].
About this Item
- [Franklin-Folger chart of the Gulf Stream].
- Contributor Names
- Franklin, Benjamin, 1706-1790.
- Folger, Timothy.
- Wright, Edward, 1558?-1615.
- Halley, Edmond, 1656-1742.
- Moll, Herman, -1732.
- Jno. Mount and Tho. Page.
- Created / Published
- London : Sold by Jno. Mount and Tho. Page, [ca. 1768]
- Subject Headings
- - Gulf Stream--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Atlantic Ocean--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - World maps--Early works to 1800
- - Gulf Stream
- - Atlantic Ocean
- - Earth
- - Shows the Gulf Stream.
- - Publication authorized by Benjamin Franklin and Timothy Folger.
- - Gulf Stream information overprinted on: A new and exact chart of Mr. E. Wrights projection, rut. Mercators chart, con. ye sea coast of Europe, Africa & America, from ye Isles of Orkney to Cape Bona Esperance & Hudsons Bay to ye straits of Magellan, according to ye observations of Capt. E. Halley, fellow of ye R.S. / to the Rt. Honble., ye Principle Officers & Commissioners of His Majesties Navy ; this chart is most humbly dedicated and presented by their most obedient faithfull servants John Mount & Th. Page ; H. Moll fecit.
- - Includes text and inset of "The sea coast from Rio de la Plata to Terra del Fuego &c."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy has 3 red, black, and blue stamps below base map title.
- - Acquisitions control no.: 14-88.
- - Vault
- 1 map ; 87 x 97 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G9112.G8 1768 .F7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Jno. Mount and Tho. Page
Early Works to 1800
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Franklin, Benjamin, Timothy Folger, Edward Wright, Edmond Halley, Herman Moll, and Jno. Mount And Tho. Page. [Franklin-Folger chart of the Gulf Stream]. [London: Sold by Jno. Mount and Tho. Page, 1768] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88696412/. (Accessed February 20, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Franklin, B., Folger, T., Wright, E., Halley, E., Moll, H. & Jno. Mount And Tho. Page. (1768) [Franklin-Folger chart of the Gulf Stream]. [London: Sold by Jno. Mount and Tho. Page] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/88696412/.
MLA citation style:
Franklin, Benjamin, et al. [Franklin-Folger chart of the Gulf Stream]. [London: Sold by Jno. Mount and Tho. Page, 1768] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/88696412/>.