Maps [Southern Virginia and northern North Carolina]
About this Item
- [Southern Virginia and northern North Carolina]
- Other Title
- Map of Virginia and North Carolina
- Contributor Names
- United States Coast Survey.
- Krebs, Charles G.
- Lindenkohl, A.
- Lindenkohl, H. (Henry)
- Created / Published
- [Washington] : The Survey, 1865.
- Subject Headings
- - North Carolina--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Virginia.--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps.--Maps
- - United States--North Carolina
- - United States--Virginia
- - Printed map without title.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by isolines.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 508.3
- - Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 1201
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - April 2002; Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War Map Proj. no.: LVA00035.
- - Conservation: Nov. 1953; Etherington Conservation Center, Jan. 2002.
- - Digital image available: 23.25 x 33 in.
- - Map accession no. 5179x.
- - Previously filed as: 750 1865.
- 1 map : col., mounted on paper ; 57 x 83 cm., on sheet 62 x 92 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Coast Survey, Charles G Krebs, A Lindenkohl, and H Lindenkohl. [Southern Virginia and northern North Carolina]. [Washington: The Survey, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000035/. (Accessed December 11, 2016.)
APA citation style:
United States Coast Survey, Krebs, C. G., Lindenkohl, A. & Lindenkohl, H. (1865) [Southern Virginia and northern North Carolina]. [Washington: The Survey] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000035/.
MLA citation style:
United States Coast Survey, et al. [Southern Virginia and northern North Carolina]. [Washington: The Survey, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000035/>.