Maps Sketch of proposed defences for the depot at Aquia Creek
About this Item
- Sketch of proposed defences for the depot at Aquia Creek
- Contributor Names
- Long, W. S.
- Biddle, G. H.
- United States. Army. Dept. of the Rappahannock.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Aquia Creek Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia--Aquia Creek Region
- - "Copy for Col. G.H. Biddle 95th Reg N.Y. Vols. or the officer succeeding him, as commandant of the post."
- - Oriented with north to the bottom.
- - Pen and ink.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows roads, railroads, rivers, houses and names of occupants. Troop placements marked in red.
- - Shows the area from Accakeek Creek along the shore of the Potomac River to Aquia Creek.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - April 2002; source unknown, 1968, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War Map Proj. no.: LVA00045.
- - Conservation: restored Dec. 1968; Etherington Conservation Center, April 2002.
- - Digital image available: 16.75 x 19.38 in.
- - Map accession no. 2746 (1968)
- - Previously filed as: 755.232 M6 1861-1865 1862.
- 1 map : ms., col., mounted on paper ; 43 x 49 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
- Online Format
ContributorsBiddle, G. H.
Long, W. S.
United States. Army. Dept. Of the Rappahannock
LocationAquia Creek Region
Aquia Creek Region
SubjectsAquia Creek Region
Aquia Creek Region (Va.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Long, W. S, G. H Biddle, and United States Army. Dept. Of The Rappahannock. Sketch of proposed defences for the depot at Aquia Creek. 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000045/. (Accessed January 17, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Long, W. S., Biddle, G. H. & United States Army. Dept. Of The Rappahannock. (1862) Sketch of proposed defences for the depot at Aquia Creek. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000045/.
MLA citation style:
Long, W. S, G. H Biddle, and United States Army. Dept. Of The Rappahannock. Sketch of proposed defences for the depot at Aquia Creek. 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000045/>.