Map Map of the battle field of Fredericksburg, Dec. 13, 1862
About this Item
- Map of the battle field of Fredericksburg, Dec. 13, 1862
- Other Title
- Map of the battlefield of Fredericksburg, Dec. 13, 1862
- Contributor Names
- Blackford, B. L. (Benjamin Lewis)
- Braxton, Carter M.
- A. Hoen & Co.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.] : C.M. Braxton ; Baltimore [Md.] : Lith. by A. Hoen & Co., c1866.
- Subject Headings
- - Fredericksburg Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Fredericksburg, Battle of, Fredericksburg, Va., 1862
- - United States--Virginia--Fredericksburg Region
- - Annotated in red and blue to show Federal and Confederate positions.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by isolines.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - April 2002, John Hart (April 1933), f, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War Map Proj. no.: LVA00049.
- - Conservation: Etherington Conservation Center, April 2002.
- - Digital image available: 19 x 24.5 in.
- - Map accession no. 1984 (1933).
- - Previously filed as: 755.36 M6 1861-1865 1862 (3)
- 1 map : col., mounted on paper ; 48 x 62 cm. on sheet 49 x 64 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Blackford, B. L, Carter M Braxton, and A. Hoen & Co. Map of the battle field of Fredericksburg. [S.l.: C.M. Braxton ; Baltimore Md.: Lith. by A. Hoen & Co, 1866] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000049/.
APA citation style:
Blackford, B. L., Braxton, C. M. & A. Hoen & Co. (1866) Map of the battle field of Fredericksburg. [S.l.: C.M. Braxton ; Baltimore Md.: Lith. by A. Hoen & Co] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000049/.
MLA citation style:
Blackford, B. L, Carter M Braxton, and A. Hoen & Co. Map of the battle field of Fredericksburg. [S.l.: C.M. Braxton ; Baltimore Md.: Lith. by A. Hoen & Co, 1866] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lva0000049/>.
More Maps like this
MapThe field of Fredericksburg : showing the positions of the troops on the morning of December ... Annotated in red and blue to show Union and Confederate positions. Map no. XIII from: The story of the Civil War, vol. 2 / John C. Ropes. Boston, 1898. Relief shown by...
- Contributor: Ropes, John Codman - Geo. W. Stadly & Co.
- Date: 1898
MapBattle-field & environs of the city of Fredericksburg.
Battlefield and environs of the city of Fredericksburg "To James G. McCabe, Jr., from his friend James W.B." Dated 1863 in pencil in upper right corner. Dated on map: 13th Dec. 1862. Relief shown by hachures. Signed in lower right...
- Date: 1863
MapPosition of Union and Rebel armies at Fredericksburg, Decr. 1st 1862 Map shows the area surrounding Fredericksburg, Va., including Spotsylvania Courthouse, Chancellorsville and Falmouth, during the Fredericksburg Campaign. This image shows the situation several days before the battle of Fredericksburg, on December 13th,...
- Contributor: Sneden, Robert Knox
- Date: 1862-12-01
MapPlan of the Battle of Fredericksburg, Va., Decr. 13, 1862. Map shows the region surrounding Fredericksburg, Va., including Marie's Heights outside of the city and Falmouth across the Rappahannock River. Due to Burnside's slow maneuvering of the Union forces, Lee was able...
- Contributor: Sneden, Robert Knox
- Date: 1862-12-13
MapPassages of the Rappahannock and Battle of Fredericksburg, December 10th to 16th, 1862 : copied from ... "Map originally prepared following the Battle of Fredericksburg in December 1862 ... enhanced by the addition of details from a captured map prepared by topographical engineer Jedediah Hotchkiss for the use of...
- Contributor: Hains, Peter C. (Peter Conover) - Hotchkiss, Jedediah - Doull, Alexander - Callahan, Denis - United States. Topographical Bureau - Wainwright, Charles S. (Charles Shiels)
- Date: 1863