Maps [Map of the area around] "Gettys Station" near Portsmouth, Va., 1863-1885
About this Item
- [Map of the area around] "Gettys Station" near Portsmouth, Va., 1863-1885
- Other Title
- Gettys Station near Portsmouth, Va., 1863-1885
- Contributor Names
- Smith, Normand.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Portsmouth Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia--Portsmouth Region
- - Additional annotations made in pencil.
- - One of a series of five maps drawn by Col. Normand Smith showing battle lines. Original maps are included in Personal Papers Collection, accession 24417, Gaines Family Papers, 1776-1905.
- - Oriented with north toward the lower right.
- - Part of text: "Made C.N.G."? missing.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - c. 1 1956, photocopy, LVA; c. 2 Dec. 2003, color ink jet print, LVA (original in Archives, Mrs. Ormonde Smith, 1956, gift); Map Cataloging Team.
- - Archives original conserved by the Etherington Conservation Center, May 2002.
- - Civil War Map Proj. no.: LVA00061
- - Copy 1 map accession no. 1581f (1956); copy 2 map accession no. 5222X-F (2002).
- - Copy filed as: 755.514 M6 1861-1865 1885?.
- - Digital image available: 7 x 9 in.
- 1 map : ms., col., mounted on paper ; 18 x 23 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Smith, Normand. [Map of the area around "Gettys Station" near Portsmouth, Va., 1863 to 1885]. [?, 1885] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000061/. (Accessed December 09, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Smith, N. (1885) [Map of the area around "Gettys Station" near Portsmouth, Va., 1863 to 1885]. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000061/.
MLA citation style:
Smith, Normand. [Map of the area around "Gettys Station" near Portsmouth, Va., 1863 to 1885]. [?, 1885] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000061/>.