Maps Map of the seat of war around Richmond
About this Item
- Map of the seat of war around Richmond
- Contributor Names
- Butlers, B. F.
- Gensoul, A. (Adrien)
- Pacific Map Depot.
- Created / Published
- S[an] F[rancisco], Cal[if.] : A. Gensoul, [1862?]
- Subject Headings
- - Richmond Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Richmond Region
- - "B.F. Butlers Lith S.F."
- - Map has concentric circles centered on Richmond. Circles are at intervals of three miles. Shows forts, railroads, roads, court houses, towns and churches. Some rivers, cities and towns hand colored.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Feb. 2003, source unknown, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War project no.: lva00100.
- - Conservation: Etherington Conservation Center, Dec. 2002.
- - Digital image available: 18 x 22 cm.
- - Imperfect: pieces along the margins and right side of map, including longitude numbers, missing.
- - Map accession no. 5206x
- - Previously filed as: 755.1 M6 1861-1865 1862?.
- 1 map : col., mounted on paper ; 34 x 54 cm. on sheet 46 x 59 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Butlers, B. F, A Gensoul, and Pacific Map Depot. Map of the seat of war around Richmond. [San Francisco, Calif.: A. Gensoul, ?, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000100/. (Accessed December 04, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Butlers, B. F., Gensoul, A. & Pacific Map Depot. (1862) Map of the seat of war around Richmond. [San Francisco, Calif.: A. Gensoul, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000100/.
MLA citation style:
Butlers, B. F, A Gensoul, and Pacific Map Depot. Map of the seat of war around Richmond. [San Francisco, Calif.: A. Gensoul, ?, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000100/>.