Maps Fortifications around Charleston, H.B. ...
About this Item
- Fortifications around Charleston, H.B. ...
- Contributor Names
- Ruffin, Edmund, 1794-1865.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Charleston Harbor (S.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - Charleston Region (S.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States
- - United States--South Carolina--Charleston Harbor
- - United States--South Carolina--Charleston Region
- - "Reduced from the Coast Survey Chart."
- - Dated: "Charleston, Oct 23rd, 1863."
- - Shows approximate distances between batteries.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - source unknown; Oct. 2003, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War project no.: lva00154.
- - Conservation: restored Aug. 1965; Etherington Conservation Center, Oct. 2003.
- - Digital image available: 8.5 x 10.25 in.
- - Map accession no. 5221 (2003).
- - Previously filed as: MS 757 M6 1861-1865 1863.
- 1 map : ms., mounted on paper ; 22 x 27 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Charleston Harbor (S.C.)
Charleston Region (S.C.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ruffin, Edmund. Fortifications around Charleston, H.B. 1863. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000154/. (Accessed January 24, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Ruffin, E. (1863) Fortifications around Charleston, H.B. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000154/.
MLA citation style:
Ruffin, Edmund. Fortifications around Charleston, H.B. 1863. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000154/>.