Maps Topographical sketch of the Battle field of Stone River
About this Item
- Topographical sketch of the Battle field of Stone River
- Contributor Names
- Weyss, J. E.
- Michler, N. (Nathaniel), 1827-1881.
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 1863?]
- Subject Headings
- - Murfreesboro (Tenn.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Stones River, Battle of, Murfreesboro, Tenn., 1862-1863.--Maps
- - United States--Tennessee--Murfreesboro
- - Stones, River, Battle of, Murfreesboro, Tenn
- - "Reduced by Waggoner. Phot. Carpenter."
- - Hand-colored photocopy of manuscript map showing U.S. and Confederate troop positions.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - 1969, source unknown; Oct. 2003, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War project no.: lva00158.
- - Conservation: Etherington Conservation Center, Oct. 2003.
- - Digital image available: 6 x 9.5 in.
- - Map accession no. 2836 (1969).
- - Previously filed as: 768 M6 1861-1865 1863 (1).
- 1 map : photocopy, hand col., mounted on paper ; 24 x 15 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
- Online Format
ContributorsMichler, N. (Nathaniel)
United States. Army. Corps of Engineers
Weyss, J. E.
Stones River, Battle Of, Murfreesboro, Tenn.
Stones, River, Battle Of, Murfreesboro, Tenn
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Weyss, J. E, N Michler, and United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. Topographical sketch of the Battle field of Stone River. [S.l.: s.n., ?, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000158/. (Accessed January 22, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Weyss, J. E., Michler, N. & United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. (1863) Topographical sketch of the Battle field of Stone River. [S.l.: s.n., ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000158/.
MLA citation style:
Weyss, J. E, N Michler, and United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. Topographical sketch of the Battle field of Stone River. [S.l.: s.n., ?, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000158/>.