Maps [Plan of Fort Powhatan, Prince George County, Virginia
About this Item
- [Plan of Fort Powhatan, Prince George County, Virginia
- Contributor Names
- Brown, Elijah, Lt.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fortifications.--Virginia--Prince George County
- - Fort Powhatan (Prince George County, Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia--Prince George County
- - United States--Virginia--Fort Powhatan (Prince George County)
- - Original map located in House of Delegates, Office of the Speaker, Executive Communications, Oversized, Box 9, Folder 14. Although included in a report of 1821, this plan represents the fort as it looked in 1819, before the cannon was removed.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - C. 1, Sept. 1969, photocopy, LVA; c. 2, 2004, color ink jet, LVA (original in Archives); March 2004, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War project no.: lva00190.
- - Conservation: Etherington Conservation Center, Jan. 2004.
- - Copy 1: Map accession no. 2911 (1969), (negative photostat, LVA, Sept. 1969, aprox. 43 x 60 cm.)
- - Digital image available: 22 x 15.7 in.
- - Previously filed as: 755.61 M6 1861-1865 1819 (1).
- 1 map : ms., mounted on paper ; 40 x 57 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Fort Powhatan (Prince George County)
Prince George County
SubjectsFort Powhatan (Prince George County)
Fort Powhatan (Prince George County, Va.)
Prince George County
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Brown, Elijah, Lt. [Plan of Fort Powhatan, Prince George County, Virginia]. [?, 1819] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000190/. (Accessed February 24, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Brown, E. (1819) [Plan of Fort Powhatan, Prince George County, Virginia]. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000190/.
MLA citation style:
Brown, Elijah, Lt. [Plan of Fort Powhatan, Prince George County, Virginia]. [?, 1819] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000190/>.