Maps Map showing the location of battle fields of Virginia
About this Item
- Map showing the location of battle fields of Virginia
- Other Title
- Battle fields of Virginia
- Battlefield of Virginia
- Shows Civil War battlefields (1861-1865), Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad lines, distinguishing between those which are pre-war and post-war, other railroads during the war, plank roads, turnpikes, other roads and light houses.
- Contributor Names
- Chesapeake and Ohio Railway Company.
- Poole Brothers.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.] : Chesapeake & Ohio Railway Co., c1898
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia.--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps.--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - "Poole Bros., Engr's, Chicago"--lower left corner.
- - Letters and numbers on border of map suggest an index is meant to accompany map. This library lacks index.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Sept. 1966, source unknown; Feb. 2003, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War project no.: lva00216.
- - Digital image available: 20.25 x 24 in.
- - Imperfect: pieces missing.
- - Map accession no. 2333 (1966)
- - Previously filed as: 755 M6 1861-1865 1891.
- - Restored Apr. 1963; conservation: Etherington Conservation Center, Dec. 2002.
- 1 map : col., mounted on paper ; 50 x 60 cm. on sheet 54 x 64 cm.
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Chesapeake And Ohio Railway Company, and Poole Brothers. Map showing the location of battle fields of Virginia. [S.l.: Chesapeake & Ohio Railway Co, 1898] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000216/. (Accessed January 17, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Chesapeake And Ohio Railway Company & Poole Brothers. (1898) Map showing the location of battle fields of Virginia. [S.l.: Chesapeake & Ohio Railway Co] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000216/.
MLA citation style:
Chesapeake And Ohio Railway Company, and Poole Brothers. Map showing the location of battle fields of Virginia. [S.l.: Chesapeake & Ohio Railway Co, 1898] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000216/>.