Maps Capture of forts [sic] ... Donelson, Tennessee By U.S. Grant, January 1862.
About this Item
- Capture of forts [sic] ... Donelson, Tennessee By U.S. Grant, January 1862.
- This map shows the area surrounding Fort Donelson, Tenn., including the Cumberland River, the town of Dover, and Fort Henry Road, and includes the locations of confederate earthworks as well as roads, buildings, woods, and creeks.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fort Donelson, Battle of, Tenn., 1862--Maps
- - Fortification--United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Pictorial works
- - Fort Donelson (Tenn.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Tennessee--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Tennessee--Fort Donelson Region
- - Fort Donelson, Battle of, Tenn
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a color photocopy of this scrapbook image.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1 p. 437).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 14 x 12 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
ContributorsSneden, Robert Knox
LocationFort Donelson Region
Fort Donelson (Tenn.)
Fort Donelson Region
Fort Donelson, Battle Of, Tenn
Fort Donelson, Battle Of, Tenn.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. [Capture of forts sic ... Donelson, Tennessee By U.S. Grant, January 1862]. [to 1865, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00282/. (Accessed December 07, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Sneden, R. K. (1862) [Capture of forts sic ... Donelson, Tennessee By U.S. Grant, January 1862]. [to 1865] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00282/.
MLA citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. [Capture of forts sic ... Donelson, Tennessee By U.S. Grant, January 1862]. [to 1865, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00282/>.